What's new

Need help with flat panel and HDMI (1 Viewer)

96dcmss

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
Ok, built a new house and had plans for a decent home theater setup for the living room. So I had the house prewired with HDMI, CAT5, and speaker wire above my fireplace for a flat panel.

To make a long story short, I bought a flat panel LCD and hooked it up for the first time trying it out with a dvd and my PS3 through the 50ft of HDMI already installed in the house.(down the walls, and in the crawl space,.... living area has high ceilings so this was shorter)

Right away I have snowflake like sparkles. So I did some reading online and bought an HDMI repeater/booster off amazon and installed it last night and everything was crystal clear. Had it running for about 30-45min with NO problems.

Well, today after work I went in and turned it on, and now I get an intermitent flash like the signal gets lost for a split second......

Any ideas? I thought with digital signals like this you either have it, or you don't....but I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff.....

Direct TV will be out to install an HD box and dish Saturday.....

Any helpfull advise is appreciated.

Thanks Jason

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
perhaps a hand shake issue ?
When first connecting (power on) it will sometimes take a few seconds to sync up.

96dcmss

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
Not sure I understand.....Should I turn on either the monitor or the source first? Or are you saying if I leave it on it will clear up??

96dcmss

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
Ok, well I did some expiriementing a few minutes ago. Tried different inputs on the display, tried the repeater at the source, and the display, ect ect.(only worked w/repeater at display).

The one thing that I could note that seemed to be consistent so far, was the fact that if I turned it all off, and power on the display FIRST, and the PS3 SECOND it did not flicker. So, I powered everything off and tried it a few more times. Same result.

Then, I switched it around. Turned PS3 on first, and display second....and clear picture, only intermitten flicker/flash(both picture and sound).

Does this sound normal? Or is there something wrong here?

Is this what you were describing Gregg?

Sorry for my ignorance on the subject........just need to know if anything is wrong with the display, or signal in general??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks