What's new

Finally! MY HT Pics (1 Viewer)

EricK

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
I have been with HTF for 4 years and have finally been able to take some pics of my HT with a digital camera I got for X-mas.
Extra thanks to Andrew V. for setting up a site for me.
I can now share with you all my HT in its present state. Soon I will be adding some past photos and in Sept...I move into my new house, and I will then update the site again!
Thanks for your feedback!!
http://hometown.aol.com/erickalet6/home.html
Eric.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
uh oh...I saw your little coming soon pic...hmm, the new aragon 7.1 gear? I'm a little jealous. :b

David Judah

Screenwriter
Don't feel bad, Eric. I joined a few weeks after you and I just barely got my site up a few months ago.

Nice set-up--I'll bet you get lots of low end boost in that room. How is the external line doubler? Is it much better than the doubler in the Toshiba? I ask because I've been toying with the idea of getting one myself.

DJ

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
very nice setup Eric! i really like that component rack...i've built many of those (same model) and really do like their construction and look.

EricK

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
Thanks for all your comments...
Chuck : I just bought a new home in NJ, so probably in Sept, when the place is ready, I'll be moving in with some Aragon goodies. I'll keep you updated as to my experiences with the gear, I hope to audition it soon.
Neil : The stuff at the rear centre is my weight lifting equiptment. Unfortunately, I haven't used that stuff in months.
David : The two subs do a great job of producing bass and the room itself is a basement. I get a tremendous amount of bass, depending on the movie, sometimes its overwhelming! The DVDO IScan Pro is great! I however, do not use it in conjunction with the Toshiba 6200 dvd player. Its set up to work with either laserdisc player or cable. The doubler definitely makes a difference for those devices, the pictures are smoother, and the colors are better. I am also thinking about hooking up the Sony DVD through the line doubler, since the Sony is only an interlaced player. It will be a cool experiment to see if there is a picture improvement.
Thomas: When I saw the BDI rack in my shopping travels, I knew I had to have it. It was by far the nicest looking and most elegant rack. Of course I wasn't too happy about the price, $700, but thats the price you pay for the good stuff! :) In the end, $700 for that rack was well worth it. Everytime I see the rack, I love it more and more.

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
Having been there, I can confirm that this is one hell of a set-up. It is a great "temporary" home theater that continues to improve with perpetual upgrades. Full range speakers all around really enhances the experience and makes the DVD-A and SACD bass management issue a non-issue. I look forward to seeing the NJ new home - The Kalet Chalet.

J

John Morris

Well, the site just worked for me too. Earlier, I was getting site not available messages. Must have been a busy time for the server....

BTW, very nice setup Eric!

Don Black

Screenwriter
Erik,

Why did you go with an iScan Pro instead of an iScan Plus v2? Does your cable box or laserdisc player support component out? Thanks!

EricK

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
Thanks again guys for all the great comments!

Don Black : I got the IScan Pro for $600 with RGB to component cables...I couldn't pass it up, even if I never used the device. However, I hooked up the VCR/Cable and the 2 LaserDisc players into it. Then, I got my hands on a Sony Interlaced only dvd player and ran its components trought the Pro. WOW what a picture! Blows my Toshiba 6200 prog. scan away!

John Bonner : I am having a house built in Lawrenceville, NJ not too far from Princeton. Are you anywhere near there?

Jerome : At first I used the exercise equipt. but it soon found its way into retirement, when my exercise partner moved to Fla! Sucks to exercise by yourself...Now I am finding my way to a gym soon.

Eric.

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor
John Bonner : I am having a house built in Lawrenceville, NJ not too far from Princeton. Are you anywhere near there?
Not exactly. I'm probably 35-40 miles north on Route 206 in Morris County.

Keep your eyes open for a New Jersey HTF meet though!

EricK

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
John :

I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled for a NJ meet. I am also planning a meet at my place for my buddies from Long Island, so maybe I will have a combined gathering!!!

Eric.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks