What's new

Finall made the plunge, Axiom speakers (1 Viewer)

Dan_Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Well, after much reading online at various review places and reading here I've decided to make the plunge and splurge a bit on myself for Christmas, going with 5 new Axiom speakers to essentially complete my new HT at a fairly decent price.
Here's the specs:
Onkyo TX-DS595 (just arrived)
Toshiba SD-2109 (Have had)
Toshiba 32" TV (32A60 - have had)
Axiom Audio Millennia M3Ti (Pair - rears)
Axiom Audio Vocal Point VP100 (Center)
Axiom Audio Millennia M50Ti (Pair - fronts)
Now I've just got to pickup a subwoofer and I'm set. I got all the speakers through Audio Shop..and I must say, if you're looking for customer service and great prices...Marc is the guy; by far the best CS I've ever dealt with. Wish we had CS like that in the U.S.!
So whatcha guys think? Can't wait to get the speakers and set everything up. Will keep ya'll posted on it as I know there aren't TOO many Axiom owners here compared to other companies.

Rick Radford

Supporting Actor
Dan,
What size room will your HT be in? Are you thinking SVS for the sub?
I think you're gonna be quite pleased with your speaker choice. ;)

Dan_Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Rick; I'm tossing around a couple things on subs..we'll see in a few days. As for room size; right now it'll be for a fairly small room; but next year I'll be moving them to a larger room area.
Can't wait to get them :)

KevinGS

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys

I have been researching speakers for a couple of months now, and will be getting my Axioms in a couple of days

(M80, VP150, QS8). For the sub, SVS 16-46CS /w sampson 700.

I've been auditioning the Axioms and they sound excellent.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Dan,

Both you and I have essentially the same set up, except for the DVD player (I've got a Panny RP91) and the receiver (I've got a Denon 3802). I think you'll be really pleased with the performance of the Axioms once they fully break-in. I have always enjoyed the sound of the Axioms, but recently, I have made two upgrades that have brought about their true character. In the past, I had always heard about the Axiom's low frequency performance, but I just wasn't hearing it from my M50s. I played around with placement many times, but nothing seemed to bring out the tight bass I had read about. I was somewhat frustrated, but that feeling soon faded due to the excellent detail and imaging that I experienced from the speakers. Then, I upgraded to the Panny RP91 (from a low-end Toshiba 1600). As expected, the RP91 has much better DACs than my Toshiba. So, with this upgrade came a significant boost in the lower frequencies that I was searching for. The Axioms now sounded better than ever. Then, this past weekend, my stereo Odyssey Stratos amp came in. The addition of this piece to my rig has been making my Axioms sing and the amp is not even remotely close to being burned in yet. I guess what I'm trying (desperately) to say is that the Axioms will give you back what you feed them, so be sure that your DVD player and cables and such are to par to enjoy what the Axioms truly have to offer.

Enjoy!!!

Dave Simpson

Second Unit
Kevin,

Can you let me know where you purchased your Axiom set-up, and perhaps the price paid, if that's okay? For Canadian speakers, they sure don't make it easy for us to find them in a retail setting, it seems...Cheers!

DS.

Dan_Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Just to note; Marc was extremely helpful in the purchase...plus they're a bit cheaper through him.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks