What's new

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
John Hughes ruled the 80’s. He may not have been prolific and not all of his films a hit (She’s Having a Baby anyone?), but he struck nerves with his films that seemed to effortlessly understand the 80’s teenager; never pandering or pretending, but able to be genuinely heartfelt and funny, whether it was the wacky Weird Science or the quintessential The Breakfast Club, he just seemed to ‘get it.’
The 1980’s were a golden age for comedies, churning out what, to me, were classics like Police Academy, The Naked Gun, The Blues Brothers, Tootsie, Spies Like Us, Coming to America, and a big bag of genuinely great films from John Hughes. Chief among those great films is the simple tale of a popular kid, Ferris Bueller, who fakes sickness to skive off from school with his girlfriend and best friend, enjoying a fantastic day away from high school. The world may have changed and being a teen today now something almost unrecognizable from 80s portrayals, but the core comedy and earnestness of...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
That was a great review Neil. I was shocked at the HDR grade is so amazing, and the Atmos is just the same.

I'm really, really happy with this one!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Seems like yesterday there was a 35th anniversary Steelbook blu ray.

I see this release can be had as a Steelbook too, but no blu ray is included.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Another 4K UHD title I bought on release day that will languish on my media shelf for the next X years until I can rebuild my HT.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Seems like yesterday there was a 35th anniversary Steelbook blu ray.

I see this release can be had as a Steelbook too, but no blu ray is included.
In this instance if one is 4k capable the 1080p blu-ray is obsolete. All the special features minus the photo gallery were ported over and we got back the commentary not seen since the 1st DVD. I'll gladly take the commentary track over the photo gallery.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks