What's new

Favorite David Lynch film (1 Viewer)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
David Lynch is a brilliant filmmaker to say the least, and he is definitely one of my favorite directors. I love every single film he has made, minus THE STRAIGHT STORY which just didn't work for me for some reason. So my question is: What is your favorite Lynch film? My favorite Lynch film is also the best film of 2001, MULHOLLAND DRIVE! This film is just a brilliantly made masterpiece in my book! One of the best films I have ever had the pleasure of viewing! So, which film is your favorite?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
If I dont see Mulholland Drive soon, Im gonna kill someone!:angry:
Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me in my favorite

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
I LOVE David Lynch!!
I haven't yet seen Mulholland Drive, but I've seen everything else Lynch has done many, many times.
His best is still Blue Velvet and Eraserhead (and his worst is Wild at Heart, a bit of a mess IMO)
I'm still a fan of Blue Velvet, despite what some critics say.
I'm not sure what critics you are referring to Jack, but Blue Velvet was voted the 2nd (or was it 3rd?) best film of the 1980's by critics worldwide (Raging Bull came in 1st place).

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I'll go with Blue Velvet though I have yet to see Mulholland Drive.

I'm not sure what critics you are referring to...
I know Roger Ebert didn't like BV; I'm pretty sure Leonard Maltin didn't care for it, either.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
It may be to soon to say but I think Mulholland Drive is his best. I'm a big fan of just about all of his work though.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Mulholland Drive.

I am a Lynch fan, but I have not seen The Straight Story.

Jim

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
The Straight Story
I liked Dune to a certian degree but otherwise I don't care for Lynch's films. They have great moments but I tend to find the films as a whole are not nearly as good as the sum of their parts.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Blue Velvet, followed by a three-way tie for Wild at Heart, The Straight Story and Mulholland Drive.

M.

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
It'd have to be a two-way tie with Lost Highway and Eraserhead. But that could change when I see Mulholland Drive.
(PS: My original choice was actually going to be Wild at Heart, but in hindsight it's WAAAAAYYYYYY too scattershot.)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Definately Blue Velvet with The Straight Story a close second. Like many above, being an Englander (I saw Great Escape yesterday), I have yet to see Mulholland Drive, but the soundtrack is great! :emoji_thumbsup: :D

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I haven't seen them all, but of the one's I've seen so far, I'd have to say The Elephant Man, although I also remember liking Blue Velvet (it's been a while).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BioProf
Recent bookmarks