What's new

Favorite Character Actors (1 Viewer)

Steeve Bergeron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steeve Bergeron
Tourneys are the domain of post padders.
:rolleyes
Here we go again! Always that stupid comment. FYI, I really don't give a damn about the post count. I would still play in all those tournaments even without it. Incredible, huh?
Oh, and btw, why do you care so much about the post count of the other members? Sounds to me like you're the one who really cares about it.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Jack,
This is the second thread today where you've bashed tourneys. That's OK, but just like you asked those of us who don't think that dvhs tapes are going to last 1000 years to no longer state our opinion, and let the dvhs threads live in peace, can't the tourney haters do the same. You know how I feel about dvhs' durability, and we know how you and Michael and others feel about tourneys. Why beat a dead horse.
Polls are fine, but frankly, you read what people have said, you add your two cents, maybe you check in a couple more times to see if anyone responded to your post, then you basically get kind of bored.
Now, ones like the AFI challenge, where tallies are taken are great, but the typical poll, ends up with a long list of something and that's that.
At least with tourneys (for those of us who like them), there's something new everyday, and in the end we have a result.
BTW, we didn't stick tourneys over in the polls section, an administrator did that way back when.
:rolleyes:Cmon. This isn't after hours. Some of the polls are cheap fun, but most are very much related to movies. I'd say the correlation between how much someone cares about their post total and how much they participate in polls is zero. The only purpose I can think of for you to post what you did was to pad your post count. :)
EDIT: Just to make sure that I don't get an admin on my bad side, let me remind everyone that I think 2001 is one of the best films ever made. :)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Sorry for the comments, guys. Really. Let's please let the thread proceed. I apologize, sincerely. The remarks were not necessary, and I regret them.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
The feeling's mutual, Andrew. Further, I deleted my own offending remarks plus another member's comments. Again, I feel sorry about this--it was the first thought that crossed my mind upon waking up! Have fun, guys, and do that tourney if you want! :)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Well now I'm just feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.
Although that probably has more to do with the fact that I'm looking at Catherine Bell's latest FHM photoshoot right now than it does with the contents of this thread.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
:D

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Man, I can't believe the great Strother Martin hasn't been mentioned yet. The man who gave us such classic lines as, "What we have here...is failure to communicate.":D I was actually gonna put him in my first post, but it slipped my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks