What's new

Farewell Mike Knapp and HTT (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Now that brings back memories. I still can't remember which TP method won the debate...

Mike, you'll be missed. I fully understand about rearranging priorities in life, so I wish you all the best.

Please do check in every now and again, though. Best of luck to you!

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Now wait a minute...

I have cats. If you hang the TP the other way, they will pull it all off into a pile on the floor.

What I posted is the only right, rightous, and correct way to hang TP.

Anybody who thinks otherwise is a bubble-headed dufus.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Actually Mike is correct. Anyone who insists that TP should be rolled from underneath has not participated in controlled double-blind tests that ultimately show the superiority of having toilet paper unrolled from the top.

:P

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Anyone ever get hit with an overwhelming sense of fear when you try to get a new roll started but you sometimes end up tearing it down the middle and you try desperately to peel it so that it's not all messed up? You just feel like you're never going to find the real end?

I hate that. :D

BTW, mine hangs from the back. :)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Hey Mike,

Sorry to hear that HTT is giving you agita. Hopefully we'll see your pretty face around here now and then!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Hanging the TP from the back may increase the friction, especially when it's still a bigger roll, causing you to tear off a dumb piece of paper (between thumb and index finger) which you have to throw away unused (while the piece of paper it came from is also less usable). This leads to TP-inefficiency -> more costs and negative environmental effects.

Because of the specific gesture you generall use tear off TP, the little piece often falls to the floor, where you have to retrieve it from a rather difficult and tight spot and you're being forced to assume an awkward body position getting it. (Remember you needed that paper to do something you haven't done yet at that moment.)

Not worth it at all.

IMO.

Cees

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

Isn't it the environmental thing to do only use one square of paper per bathroom visit? :laugh:

I love Sheryl Crow's music, but I wouldn't want to shake her hand... ;)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"That toilet paper is hung incorrectly by the way."

:laugh: A weakness of mine. I always turn them around when I see them like that.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein

Why are you calling that a weakness. Taking the time to correct an obvious mistake like that shows that you care for your fellow man.

Chris Maynard

Supporting Actor
The TP thread was from me. :)

Charmin vs Quilted Northern. My azz can tell the difference!

Mike - I wish you all the best and I hope to see you again in the near future.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Mike,
I don't know if you are still looking in on this thread, but if you are I want to wish you well. Your wit and charm will be missed.

Thanks, Patrick, for directing me to this thread. I did a search, but was only searching for the name of Mike's site, not his name.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
he hasnt said he's leaving HTF.
he is closing shop on his own web site.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Probably because I never ventured outside of the the "Armchair" section, but I'd been checking in at HTT pretty much every day, and I had no idea it was folding. I'd been checking back about 5 times a day waiting for it to come back, so I could update my film list. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks