Factory recon. or new

Discussion in 'Displays' started by jeff*, Sep 9, 2005.

1. jeff*

jeff* Auditioning

Well I had finally made up my mind and ordered the infocus X1. One week later they let me know that they were sold out and would offer me a reconditioned 4805 for the same price as the X1 $699 (1 year warranty). I can get a new 4805 for $899 (2 year warranty). Does anyone have any experience with a reconditioned unit. Is it worth the extra $200 for the new one?

2. John S

John S Producer

I think I'd want to save more than that to go with a refurb.

3. Evan M.

Evan M. Supporting Actor

Agreed.......$899 for a brand new 4805 is a DAMN fine price for that machine. Refurbs can be a a great way to save some cash on great gear but I am just a bit weary on doing that with digital FP's for some reason. There are just sooooo many variables with these machines.

4. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    Jeff, I'm thinking of selling my X1 and upgrading. Where can you get the 4805 for $899? Is it an authorized Infocus dealer?

5. jeff*

jeff* Auditioning

B&H Photo and Video has them selling at $999 and Infocus has a $100 rebate that is good until the end of September. i found B&H through the infocus web site. They are an authorized dealer.

How long have you had your X1? Have you been happy with it?

6. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    Jeff, I've had it just over 1 year. It's been great, I've never had a problem with it. I clean the filter screen every 250 hours. I have about 850 hours on the original bulb. I use it in 16:9 mode with a 16:9 DIY screen.