What's new

Expensive Fishing Trip (1 Viewer)

DelRay

Stunt Coordinator
I'm so Pissed. I took my wife and her parents fishing yesterday on my bass boat. They like fishing for catfish. I'm cool with that. Anyways, I'm sitting in the rear bass seat with my poles laying in front of me. I turned my head for just a second. When I looked back, on of my fishing poles was shooting in the water. Don't ask my why I did this, but I made a giant leap into 30 foot of water. I just did reach the pole. Great right. Wrong. I had my cell phone hooked on my belt. So I grab the phone and hold it up in the air with one hand and the fishing pole with the other hand.
I swim back to the boat and hand the phone and pole to my wife. As I'm climbing in the boat my mother-in-law reels in the catfish. Just when I thought that was it, my wife asks me "where's your glasses". Crap, $200 pair of glasses, soaked wallet and a nextel 305 phone thats shot. Catfish never tasted so good. Teach his a$$. I'll never live this one down. My wife is still laughing at me.

DelRay

Stunt Coordinator
Good news, My phone has dried out and the text is working now. Man am I happy. It was my work phone. Now I won't have to tell my boss about it.:D
Incase your wondering, six and a half pounds.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I'd be too much of a pussy to do that, this story is Ahnuld territory. Well maybe Steve Martin... but good job I say. :)

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Gotta watch those catfish! :D I did a lot of fishing for catfish growing up and lost a number of poles.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
As soon as I get on the boat, my wedding ring, cellphone, wallet, pager and good glasses go down below in storage.

Out comes the canned beer and cheap sunglasses !

So much fun, so little time !

DelRay

Stunt Coordinator
Kirk, I'm so with you on that one. Except that the wedding ring only comes off when I'm golfing.(I'm a lefty).
Dave, I'm almost embarrased to say how much the rod and reel was worth. First off, let me say that last year I bought a new rod/reel combo. Cost was about $95. However, the rod/reel that I dove in for was about $30. It all happened so fast that I didn't have time to see which one went overboard. BTW the cost for new glasses minus what the insurance pays for $218. Next time I'll use the pole holders, and loosen up the drag. It's good to see other HT guys that are into fishing.:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks