What's new

EXCLUSIVE: Twilight Time July/August Titles (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Rob_Ray said:
It was more than half-way, but a great catch anyway. But she identified Victor Mature's wife as Lee Patrick, when it was actually Dorothy Patrick. I had to look that one up, because it sure wasn't Lee, who's a favorite of mine. (As is Julie Kirgo, BTW).
Yeah, I caught that too as I always had a thing for Lee Patrick ever since I laid eyes on her in The Maltese Falcon. In defense of Julie, I don't think I ever listened to a commentary that didn't have some errors on it.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I think oftentimes the commentators know better but in their enthusiasm to state facts and opinions as quickly as possible so as not to waste time, things slip out that they didn't actually mean.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Robert Crawford said:
Yeah, I caught that too as I always had a thing for Lee Patrick ever since I laid eyes on her in The Maltese Falcon. In defense of Julie, I don't think I ever listened to a commentary that didn't have some errors on it.
She's allowed a mistake or two, because her enthusiasm. overall knowledge, keen insight and good chemistry with Nick Redman make those commentaries a joy to listen to.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Rob_Ray said:
She's allowed a mistake or two, because her enthusiasm. overall knowledge, keen insight and good chemistry with Nick Redman make those commentaries a joy to listen to.
I like her sense of humor too.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
lukejosephchung said:
Screen Archives has officially given notice that pre-orders for Twilight Time's August blu-ray releases will be accepted beginning tomorrow, July 16th at 4pm Eastern time...
Where's that coming from??? The announcement on SAE's site reads:
July 16th - Twilight Time's August releases will be available for PRE-ORDER on Wednesday, July 23rd at 4PM Eastern. FOLLOW THAT DREAM (1962) BLU-RAY - Aug 12th, THE SECRET OF SANTA VITTORIA (1969) BLU-RAY - Aug 12th, RIFF RAFF (1991) / RAINING STONES (1993) BLU-RAY - Aug 12th, THE BUDDY HOLLY STORY (1978) BLU-RAY - Aug 12th.

lionel59

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael Robert Lionel Evans
I am also in the Lee Patrick fan club. A consistently interesting and accomplished actress- THE SISTERS, NOW VOYAGER, IN THIS OUR LIFE, MILDRED PIERCE, CAGED, VERTIGO,AUNTIE MAME( to name but a few.)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
lionel59 said:
I am also in the Lee Patrick fan club. A consistently interesting and accomplished actress- THE SISTERS, NOW VOYAGER, IN THIS OUR LIFE, MILDRED PIERCE, CAGED, VERTIGO,AUNTIE MAME( to name but a few.)
And a wonderful if rather heartbreaking turn in The Seven Faces of Dr. Lao.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
lionel59 said:
Let's don't forget her reprising her role from The Maltese Falcon in The Black Bird

ajabrams

Second Unit
Real Name
Alan Abrams
ABaglivi said:
For me, Lee Patrick was Henrietta Topper 1953-55.
"Cosmo, the breakfast dishes are flying out the window!!"
"Of course dear--it's a very light breakfast."

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Just a quick plug for the delightful The Secret of Santa Vittoria. Like many TT releases, I managed to miss this little gem theatrically, as well as via subsequent video releases. What sly, sweetly subversive entertainment though...drunk on its ripe bounty of engaging characters and performances. And a very decent HD transfer too...no showpiece, but solid throughout.

Thank gawd I skipped the original theatrical trailer before watching it though. That uncharacteristically spoiler-laden preview not only revealed the first and last scenes but also some of the best moments in between. So if you've never seen this picture, absolutely avoid that thing until after you've finished treating yourself to this exuberant paisano romp.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
The Loach films and Buddy Holly are up next for me Anthony, although I'm seriously considering holding back the latter until La Bamba arrives. My TT viewing this month has already been so front-loaded with Man Hunt (both without and with commentary), and Follow That Dream, which I hadn't seen at all since the summer of '62, then just last night my first encounter with the delightful The Secret of Santa Vittoria...well...it's not like it hasn't already been a fun batch*. Quite the funky mix actually!

* I just miss hearing a lively Redman/Kirgo gab track this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks