What's new

Press Release HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time July 2019 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Furthermore, as you get older, you get tighter with your money as retirement/fixed income and health issues look you straight in the eye every single day.
Though some seem to easily find the cash to watch new release films multiple times in premium format theaters. ;)

Though I suppose if you're using something like A-List it might lessen the blow.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Though some seem to easily find the cash to watch new release films multiple times in premium format theaters. ;)

Though I suppose if you're using something like A-List it might lessen the blow.
First off, I never said I was getting tighter with my monies as I know one person that will say I still spend too much of my disposable income on movies.

Secondly, I am an A-Lister.

Last edited:

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
For a movie I really really want, $30 is a bargain. Hell, for blu rays of Dramma Della Gelosia, Lucy Gallant, Pepe, A Man Could Get Killed, The High And The Mighty, Where Were You When The Lights Out, Raintree County, You Can't Run Away From It, Curucu Beast Of The Amazon, The Tattered Dress, Le Diable Par La Queue, Gentlemen Marry Brunettes etc. I'd cough up between $50 to $75. :)

But I definitely get your point about blind buying.
THE VICTORS and LORD JIM as well.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Just pointing out that the banner photo with Susan Hayward for this thread is not from The President's Lady but I'll Cry Tomorrow. :)

Reactions: PMF

Vegas 1

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alvin Kuenster
Not only don't I have any of these on any home video format, I've never SEEN any of them (though, of course, I've heard of all of them)! For someone who prides himself on a long and wide life of cinematic experiences, this is kind of embarrassing. I'll have to rectify it with these four releases.
Same here never seen any of these, but no doubt will pick these up.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Presidents Lady is a really good film.
My only fear is the sound processing.
I just got the TT My Cousin Rachel.
I have two older transfers off cable and the sound is excellent.
Here, Fox has severely noise gated the track and it sounds terrioble and artificial. I would hate to see this Happen to Lady.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
A program at AMC Theaters where you get a certain amount of movie tickets - including premium showings - per month for a monthly subscription price.

Thanks, google does not always come to the rescue on matters like these. I think a movie flatrate would be something I'd like to use if I was living in a city where they also offer this for cinemas specializing in repertory screenings, that would be cool!

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
We got the answer of what the Gregory Peck films are that were in the TT newsletter a while back. I'm still hoping for The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit at some point. Nice line-up. Hopefully my financial woes will cease soon and I could start buying discs again. I'm way behind on Twilight Time and Criterion releases this year.

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
I was thinking that one of 20th century fox’s old cinema classics series of DVDs would be released by twilight time soon. The chairman is it! I was hoping for the Magus or Deadfall but I’ll take this one!
I wonder if Twilight Time did not find the transfers of The Magus and Deadfall acceptable. Both have been released in Europe.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
For $19.95 per month, I can watch three movies a week without any restrictions like IMAX, Dolby Cinema and Dolby Atmos. About 12-13 movies per month for $19.95 only at AMC theaters.

That's a pretty sweet deal if you can watch that many movies a month plus you can watch all the special formats that usually have pretty hefty surcharges.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks