What's new

EXCLUSIVE: Twilight Time July/August Titles (1 Viewer)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Dave B Ferris said:
Yeah, and you're in Michigan, right? I'm in California, so my package has further to travel.Hey, in the German Blu-Ray thread, I kiddingly told you that you forgot "Cave of Outlaws".
I'm in Louisiana and got a Monday delivery scheduled.

John Skoda

Second Unit
Hey, I got BORN YESTERDAY and VIOLENT SATURDAY today. Had to watch BORN YESTERDAY immediately. I was really afraid it would be no great shakes as a transfer, but it's really beautiful looking, the best I've ever seen it! This is already a great movie, and I've seen it a number of times, but this transfer made me watch it all the way through again and enjoy it even more. Great job!

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
John Skoda said:
Hey, I got BORN YESTERDAY and VIOLENT SATURDAY today. Had to watch BORN YESTERDAY immediately. I was really afraid it would be no great shakes as a transfer, but it's really beautiful looking, the best I've ever seen it! This is already a great movie, and I've seen it a number of times, but this transfer made me watch it all the way through again and enjoy it even more. Great job!
Well, thanks for that.
You've tipped the balance for me. It's always been a favourite movie of mine and I think it's now a definite.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Press Release 08/01/2014​
Twilight Time’s tribute to the late, great Stanley Kramer begins with a charming story of the human condition – now available for the very first time on Blu-Ray!
“SECRET OF THE SANTA VITTORIA”
Limited Edition BLU-RAY Release​
Only 3,000 units available at​
Once they are gone – they are gone!​
RELEASE DATE: TUESDAY, AUGUST 12TH, 2014
“A dramatic knockout, so tempered with humor and understanding that it also becomes an idyll of war and Italian peasantry. Carrying charm, suspense, romance, the production offers Anthony Quinn at his seasoned best.” Variety
“Entertaining comedy from Robert Crichton’s novel of Italian town which hides wine from occupying Germans in WW2…Kruger excellent as civilized German officer.”Leonard Maltin’s Movie Guide

Producer-director Stanley Kramer’s The Secret of Santa Vittoria (1969) gives us a tale set towards the close of World War II: a warm-hearted comedy with dramatic touches handsomely presented by a potent cast including Anthony Quinn, Anna Magnani, Virna Lisi, and Hardy Kruger. Quinn plays the mayor of an Italian wine-making village that finds its age-old economy imperiled as the Nazis close in, determined to plunder a million-bottle cache of valuable vino; the villagers are just as determined to keep their treasure safe. Gorgeously supported by an Oscar®-nominated score from Ernest Gold, available on this Twilight Time release as an isolated track.
LIKE TWILIGHT TIME ON FACEBOOK

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Twilight Time’s tribute to the King of Rock n’ Roll begins in the summer of ’61 when Elvis Presley goes to Florida in a rollicking musical comedy – now available for the very first time on Blu-Ray!
“FOLLOW THAT DREAM”
“One of Elvis’s best films, featuring a quietly astute, relaxed comedic performance by Presley that may surprise viewers who’ve only seen his more popular roles.” —Paul Mavis, DVD Talk
“Scenarist Charles Lederer has constructed several highly amusing scenes…director Gordon Douglas translating the comedy of the typewriter into amusing and fast-paced visual terms…Presley conveys the right blend of horse sense and naiveté in his characterization.” Variety
Follow That Dream (1962) is an Elvis Presley charmer, a light-hearted romantic comedy starring the one-and-only rocker as a member of a vagabond family who become unlikely homesteaders in serene, idyllic 1950s Florida. Pop Kwimper (Arthur O’Connell), his son Toby (Presley), and a brood of more-or-less adopted children—including Holly (Anne Helm), a fetching beauty on the cusp of womanhood—run out of gas on a perfect little beach that just happens to be unincorporated land. No sooner do the Kwimpers stake their claim than government officials, child welfare workers, and a pair of gangsters descend to make trouble—but Toby’s native wits and beguiling innocence may well be a match for them all.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
For the very first time on Blu-Ray – TWILIGHT TIME brings you the ultimate “slice of life” “double bill” from the master of working class life – Ken Loach!
“RIFF RAFF & RAINING STONES”
“In Riff-Raff and Raining Stones, [Loach] did his best work yet. These are unforced, naturalistic movies…well acted and with growing humor…In his dedication and seriousness, he is an exemplary figure.”
—David Thomson, The New Biographical Dictionary of Film
“In his first comedy, Riff-Raff, the maverick British director Ken Loach does something ticklish and remarkable…makes his characters funny, resilient, and bitterly alive.” —Owen Gleiberman, Entertainment Weekly
Raining Stones is the gentlest and the funniest of Ken Loach’s films about working-class life in modern Britain…The film is good-hearted and the characters are easy to identify with…whose minds have not been deadened and who are naturally articulate and even poetic.”
—Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times
Two gems from the great English realist auteur, Ken Loach: Riff-Raff (1991), about a gang of itinerant construction workers laboring under unspeakable conditions on luxury homes for London’s wealthy; and Raining Stones (1993), a Jury Prize-winner at the Cannes Film Festival, about an earnest man driven to desperate measures in an effort to buy his daughter a First Communion dress. Both films feature scores by Stewart Copeland.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
For the very first time on Blu-Ray – TWILIGHT TIME brings you Fritz’ Lang’s eagerly awaited cinematic masterpiece of film noir!
“MAN HUNT”
“A gripping noir thriller, bleak, complex, and nightmarish.”
Time Out London
“A grim, suspenseful film…above the run of ordinary ‘chase’ films…Handsomely made and directed by Fritz Lang with unremitting intensity.” —Bosley Crowther, The New York Times
“An underrated masterpiece…visually stunning.”
—Elliott Stein, The Village Voice
Director Fritz Lang’s masterful Man Hunt (1941), made before the United States had entered World War II, is an unabashed call to arms disguised as an expressionistic thriller. It opens with a bang—or lack thereof—as celebrated hunter Alan Thorndike (Walter Pidgeon) draws a “sporting” bead on none other than Adolf Hitler, and promptly finds himself arrested by the Gestapo, led by the sinister Quive-Smith (George Sanders). When Thorndike escapes, the hunter becomes the hunted: pursued through London’s back alleys and subterranean byways by a gang of ruthless Nazis, with only a love-struck girl of the streets (Joan Bennett) to help him.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
For the very first time on Blu-Ray – TWILIGHT TIME brings you the celebrated story of Buddy Holly, the kid from Lubbock Texas, who rocked the world!
“THE BUDDY HOLLY STORY”
“The story is carried by the unadulterated power of Gary Busey’s original and insightful performance…Busey’s acting gives roots to the lyricism and the uncoiled energy of Holly’s songs.”
Michael Sragow, The New Yorker
“Fine biopic which showcases a brilliant performance by Busey as Holly, and conveys a real, raw feeling for the music…Streets ahead of most rock celluloid.” —Time Out London
The Buddy Holly Story (1978) sketches the tale of the rock-and-roll legend, a Texas boy (combustively incarnated by a super-charged, Oscar®-nominated Gary Busey) whose musical imagination changed the face of popular music. Busey and his on-screen bandmates (Charles Martin Smith, Don Stroud) played and sang Holly’s landmark songs (including “That’ll Be the Day,” “Maybe Baby,” “Peggy Sue,” and “Not Fade Away”) live for the film, which won an Academy Award® for Joe Renzetti for Best Musical Score Adaptation.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
I think we should drop from TT's announcements the slogan "Once they are gone – they are gone!"
I totally understand why they are reissuing some titles .. but it means death to that slogan......
And PS ... I'm in for 'The Buddy Holly Story' from day-one. I must write to screen Archives soon to check out whether they can make special cheaper letter-rate flatpack shipping arrangements to Australia !

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
It is at mine, too. In fact, the whole damn last shipment is up for show time. Watched Radio Days last night -- for my first time. I was bad about following every Woody Allen film after the 1970s, and I intend to make up for that.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Charles Smith said:
It is at mine, too. In fact, the whole damn last shipment is up for show time. Watched Radio Days last night -- for my first time. I was bad about following every Woody Allen film after the 1970s, and I intend to make up for that.
My review of this terrific movie will be up in a couple of hours.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Violent Saturday is a great looking BD. Kudos to TT and I plan on listening to Julie and Nick's commentary within the next 24-48 hours. I really enjoy those commentaries. I can't wait to hear what they have to say about Lee Marvin. :)

ThadK

Second Unit
John Skoda said:
I just got BORN YESTERDAY in tonight and have looked at a bit of it, and can echo the praise. I'm delighted the isolated score was included because I love that film's soundtrack (what little there is of it). Solid job!

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Got VIOLENT SATURDAY, RADIO DAYS and BRANNIGAN yesterday. BRANNIGAN is the worst-looking of the bunch, but definitely an upgrade from the DVD. VIOLENT SATURDAY looks absolutely amazing.

Wade Sowers

Second Unit
Real Name
Wade Sowers
My wife and I were also amazed (overused word, but it does apply here) by how VIOLENT SATURDAY looks on the new TT Blu, Richard Fleischer really shows us how widescreen/color can be used in the hands of a master director. This is a great film of the 50s!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Wade Sowers said:
My wife and I were also amazed (overused word, but it does apply here) by how VIOLENT SATURDAY looks on the new TT Blu, Richard Fleischer really shows us how widescreen/color can be used in the hands of a master director. This is a great film of the 50s!
It was like viewing it for the very first time.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just got done with Violent Saturday again while listening to the audio commentary by Nick and Julie. A pretty good track which you knew would contain a great deal of talk about Lee Marvin. I especially like the F Bomb that Julie got half way out of her mouth before she caught herself. :D Pretty funny!

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Robert Crawford said:
Just got done with Violent Saturday again while listening to the audio commentary by Nick and Julie. A pretty good track which you knew would contain a great deal of talk about Lee Marvin. I especially like the F Bomb that Julie got half way out of her mouth before she caught herself. :D Pretty funny!
It was more than half-way, but a great catch anyway. But she identified Victor Mature's wife as Lee Patrick, when it was actually Dorothy Patrick. I had to look that one up, because it sure wasn't Lee, who's a favorite of mine. (As is Julie Kirgo, BTW).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks