1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Press Release HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time July 2019 Release Announcements

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, May 18, 2019.

1. Ed Lachmann

Ed Lachmann Screenwriter

Edmund Lachmann
    The President's Lady is a "was" on my 20 most wanted list now. Thank you, TT! Day one purchase for me. My top 20 include Barabbas, Pepe, Raintree County and Lord Jim, and good to hear other folks agree. I'd add Scaramouche, Ivanhoe, Prince of Players, Land of the Pharaohs and my dearly beloved Story of Ruth. Lady is a wonderful surprise!

B-ROLL likes this.
  2. Robin9

Robin9 Producer

Robin
    I don't have a top 20 most wanted list. It's a top 120 list! All your top 20 are on my list too.

Ken Koc and Ed Lachmann like this.
  3. Ed Lachmann

Ed Lachmann Screenwriter

Edmund Lachmann
    I think I'll change mine to a top 120, too. Perhaps a top 420 would be better with beloved peplums, westerns and rare noirs in abundance.

Robin9 likes this.
  4. ptb2017fr

ptb2017fr Stunt Coordinator

Paul Bale
    10 North Frederick is a 20th Century Fox Cinemascope Picture so I’ll be getting that. And I worked on The Chairman and haven’t seen a decent print of it in decades! A fun movie to work on and rather a good one. J Lee Thompson was an amazing Director. The script girl told me one day how he’d been talking about a problem he foresaw on a particular shot. Took her a couple of hours before she realised he was talking about his next movie and was already working out his shots, halfway through shooting The Chairman. Lovely man Lee.

Matt Hough and Robin9 like this.
  5. ptb2017fr

ptb2017fr Stunt Coordinator

Paul Bale
    wouldn’t it be nice to get some really great restorations of Steve Reeve peplums like Last Days of Pompeii, Giant of Marathon, Romulus and Remus, Hercules Unchained, Etc. And get our Fox Cinemascope peplums like Esther and the King, The Story of Ruth, and any others they can find.

6. Joe Caps

Joe Caps Cinematographer

I love presidents Lady. I only wich they made the film a few months later than they did.
    It then would have been in cinemascope, color and stereophonic sound !!

Ken Koc likes this.