What's new

Evolution: Great Transfer Pretty Lousy Film (1 Viewer)

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
...and some people have un-realistic expectations of what every DVD is suppose to look like.
I don't think any have posted in this thread, though. :D It's rather obvious that you strongly disagree with me, and this wouldn't be much of a discussion board if everyone was constantly in total agreement. Baseless assumptions as to what my expectations may or may not be aside, I merely take issue with your implication that anyone who sees the presentation as anything but "very nice" ought to check their equipment, and that is all. Perhaps this is the intended look of the film (a possibility I admitted earlier in the thread), but Evolution struck me as the worst looking release of a new film from a major studio of the past year and by a fair margin at that. My thoughts on the quality of the video are provided in great detail in the second post in this thread. If you'd like to tear them apart, I'd be very much interested in hearing what you have to say.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I gave this a rent last night and found the transfer to be less then decent. The dark scenes were very grainy/noisey.
Gregg Loewen calibrated my Mits on Saturday 2/2 and Moulin Rouge, Knights Tale, Edward Scissorhands that I have watched were beautiful looking, Evolution falls short.
The moive itself was a fun one time see.
Peace Out~:D

Jimmy Nugent

Stunt Coordinator
I left my brain and expectations at the door and enjoyed it for what it is- Pure popcorn covered in yellow chemical sludge. I wish I had done the same with The Fast and the Furious. Now that was a painful ride...
Jimmy

Chris Maynard

Supporting Actor
I gave this a rent last night and found the transfer to be less then decent. The dark scenes were very grainy/noisey
Does this have to do with the transfer or the elements/film stock? This is a legit question.

This is not a perfect looking disc by no means but it is not bad..in fact in renders an impressive picture for most of them film.

Todd -

I did check my equipment...in fact the specs are available on the web and I have had Robert Busch calibrate it twice.

Thanks for asking.

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
Am I the only person who laughed and thought that this movie was funny. Since i am not the big technical person, what makes the transfer so bad. Try to explain it so that non home theatre people can understand it

Shawn C

Screenwriter
I liked Evolution! But, I liked it because it was filmed in Page, AZ. My parents lived there for about a year and a half. It's a really tiny place in the absolute middle of freakin' nowhere.

That town was built to support the building of the dam that made Lake Powell in Northern Arizona. I recognized alot of places in the movie, but my parents recognized alot more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks