What's new

Evil Dead: Book Of The Dead Shipped (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I've managed to decode all of the text in the "Book Of The Dead" Here it is:

The first page of text says "Dedicated to those who bled for The Evil Dead and their familes friends and fans TS" Second page of text "For you scholars out there this is the ancient languate of bullskrit aka as (sic) font of the dead I hope you enjoyed decoding this as much as I did read on" The same page also says "your ad here" Third page of text: "I can draw skulls all day long" Fourth page of text: "Employees must wash hands before returning to workplace thanks" Fifth page of text: "Bow down before me and beg fo... Hey, it's Sam" Sixth page of text: "Raw Medium Well" Seventh page of text: "Get a load flying Deadites Tom must be psychic" Eighth page of text: "visit lovely Kandar castle" Ninth page of text: "Not scientificalay (sic) accurate gross huh" Tenth page of text: "Been reel kids make movies not war"

David Ruiz

Second Unit
For those who have already recieved your DVDs, *PLEASE* don't keep us waiting any longer. TELL US HOW IT LOOKS IN WIDESCREEN!!! Does it have a lot of information mising on the top and bottom? Does everything looked streched out? Please tell us!

Chris Xolotl

Second Unit
Y'all are just p1551n me off now! Mine don't comma in till 3/1.

But, I paid $26 for mine and hopefully the latex smell is gone by then...

Damn... I should've gone that discounting the deep prices way.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I think the movie looks great in widescreen. There are only a handful of times in the movie when it seems "cropped" and they wouldn't even be remotely bothersome if they weren't more clearly visible in the open-matte version. Off the top of my head, I can remember that the tree branch that impales Scotty is less visible (but this was always hard to spot) and the Band-Aid box in the cellar is barely visible now, but other than those minor quibbles, the movie looks great in widescreen.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
I haven't seen Evil Dead in the last 2 years. I watched The Book of the Dead version tonight. Are the "moon mattes" that noticeable in every version of the film? I'm talking about the exterior shots where they obviously superimposed the moon over the night sky. Or is it just me?

The audio was more or less tame (I listened to the DD EX track) but not disappointing at all. The soundtrack is spread nicely across the front channels.

The Bruce Campbell Fanalysis documentary is an absolute riot. The "fanatics" in this are scarier than any horror film ever could be. This is only on the Book of the Dead version. I love well done short documentaries that aren't made up of the usual fluff interviews and film clips.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Well... I got the Book of the Dead in the mail today from my favorite deeply discounted dvd store and I must say...
EWWW... the latex on the packaging is much to realistic and alot softer than I thought it would be... just like real flesh (try putting it in the refrigerator for 15 mins [take the DVD out :D]... feels like dead flesh).
Haven't had a chance to watch the DVD, but I am thinking about a double feature of this and Jay and Silent Bob tonight... yipee! :) I'll give a full review in this thread when I get done watching it. Later. :D

Darren Crouse

Stunt Coordinator
I've had mine since last week. I too noticed that it is now a widescreen film as opposed to 1.33:1.

Anyway take care,

Darren.

LarryH

Supporting Actor
Saw both versions on sale at a certain nationwide B&M retailer today - the special edition was priced at $29.99, though. Since I pre-ordered with DDD, I guess I'm stuck until they get in a new shipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks