What's new

Eraserhead (1 Viewer)

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
Eraserhead is going to be availible in wide release on DVD starting in January. You can preorder now at DeepDiscount and other places for about $20

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Plus from the looks of the pic from DDD, you won't have the crazy (albeit awkward) box either. :)

I can honestly say that I'm glad I spent the $20 extra and didn't have to wait an extra three or four years (like the other Travis said). However, it's cool that more people will see the movie now that it's going to be more widely available.

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor

I found it searching on a lark at DDD and was so thrilled to see the listing... and the price! Cheers.

EDIT #2: The Short Films of David Lynch will be made availible on the same date at the same price. They really didn't impress me, personally, but it's great to see them availible.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

Couldn't agree more...I mean it's ok if some folks want to wait for a lower price (I do it sometimes) but for me this film was worth getting at any price and the absolutely spectacular clean-up they did to both sound & video is utterly fantastic, the DD sound is jaw droppingly robust and clean.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I'll probably get this now. I've wanted to see it for a while, but I just can't justify nearly $50 for a single movie that I'm uncertain about.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This is EXCELLENT news! :emoji_thumbsup: Thanks for posting!

From someone in the continental US who has been anxious to revisit this film (I saw it about a half-dozen times in college. In fact, I still have my "I survived Eraserhead" buttons which were distributed to audience members!
htf_images_smilies_biggrin.gif
), I welcome this news! Even I thought the price + shipping from DL.com was too steep.

I hope the feature becomes more available and more affordable as a result.

That quote is from June 2005.

Fast forward to October 2017...when I am knee deep in cleaning out my basement. Look at what I found! :D

full

Over all this time, we even got a Criterion release of the film! Go figure!

But I was really proud of myself for sitting through the film back in my college days ( Syracuse University '81). It really was WAY outside my comfort zone...but is one of my personal cinema-going experiences I refer back to often. Powerful imagery.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks