What's new

Eraserhead (1 Viewer)

Daniel P

Stunt Coordinator
Taken from www.davisdvd.com

"David Lynch's masterpiece Eraserhead will be available in wider distribution. Previously available only through the filmmaker's official website, Eraserhad is now being made available to retailers around the country through online wholesaler IndieBuyer.net. Retailers can order the film, which is being offered along with the bonus disc "The Short Films of David Lynch," now. Shipping is due to begin July 1st."

Anyone know if this will reach e-tailers too? Being in Australia, I'd always hoped amazon might get this.

David Jay

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I think it depends on if the e-tailer wants to stock it. Not entirely sure if it'd be worth it for e-tailers to offer it, or if there will be a retail discount, etc. but, I'd keep an eye on your favorite DVD sites to see if they throw it up. If retailers pick it up, then e-tailers should as well, no doubt.

Also, for what it's worth, Netflix just added Eraserhead to their library, today in fact. Got a copy from Netflix today, since I've been dying to see it. Amazing film, and a great restoration job.

Daniel P

Stunt Coordinator
Hey David, thx for the input.

Yeah, I figured as much... I've always wanted to get it from DL.com but it would be really expensive for me in Australia - I could get 2 Criterions and a standard DVD for the same price I'm pretty sure.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, and my eyes open...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This is EXCELLENT news! :emoji_thumbsup: Thanks for posting!

From someone in the continental US who has been anxious to revisit this film (I saw it about a half-dozen times in college. In fact, I still have my "I survived Eraserhead" buttons which were distributed to audience members! :D ), I welcome this news! Even I thought the price + shipping from DL.com was too steep.

I hope the feature becomes more available and more affordable as a result.

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
Yes, great news. If anyone spots it at any other locations, I would really appreciate a heads-up. I've been meaning to get this one for a long, long time... :)

Cheers.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
the blurb in home media retailing mentioned it could be picked up by retailers for as low as 32.99, depending on how many they ordered.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
thats what someone on dvdtalk said, but isnt that the price
for a double box set that includes something besides the movie?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i just checked lynch's site.
still $40 there.
for $75 you get the short films of david lynch and the eraserhead dvd.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Guys, the Korean, NTSC R0 disc is just fine. I have it. You do have other options. I know some Korean DVDs are bad, but this one looked good to me.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
There's no contest between the Korean version and DL.com version. To me, if you're gonna spend $20 on the Korean one, you might as well invest $20 more and get something that looks and sounds infintely better.

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
I didn't think $40 bucks was too much for the amount of work that went into the restoration as well as the packaging and the fact that it was a total D.I.Y. release from David Lynch. He even has a countdown on his site when he can sell his remastered version in other countries. The list was a lot longer when I bought the DVD when it first came out.

--Ian

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
I wish DL would just release a one-disc set in keepcase at $25 for us marginal fans.
Anyone know how the UK R2 version is?
Its from Universal

Ian_H

Supporting Actor

To bad DVDcoverart.com doesn't exist anymore. There was a great keepcase insert made for the flick to replace the box. Now I can keep the box in pristine shape and not damge it to watch the flick.

--Ian

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I wish I could get that cover! The box is nice, but getting to the disc is not easy, with many opportunities to damage the packaging along the way.

The best news for marginal fans is the Netflix addition! You can finally see this film, gorgeously restored on DVD, for a mere pittance. Though I suspect the queue is a bit long at the moment...

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I thought I had the cover, but it is a lower quality one I found elsewhere.

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
I have since reformatted my HDD a few times since I downloaded the hi-res one. I wish DVDcoverart was able to stick around.

--Ian

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
I added it to my queue yesterday and moved it to the top. It has shipped today!

I love everything I've seen from David Lynch, nonetheless I have a hard time justifying spending that much on a blind buy. I'm glad to have the chance finally to see it!

Daniel P

Stunt Coordinator
So, does anyone know of any e-tailers stocking this DVD yet?
I sure hope they do, as it's probably the only way I'll be able to buy it. It's way to expensive to import to Australia from dl.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks