What's new

Er - 2.28.02 (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Before I rave about the show, can anyone explain the preview for next week's episode?

carter vs. luka?! dr. lewis vs. carter?? what revelation? I'm so excited and confused!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Wow, that must have thrown you for such a curve you forgot to rave!

Not that I can explain it, but you remember the past histories between these characters in relation to Abby, right? I think it makes it clear why there might be something. But how are they going to work fencing into the show?!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm not really liking the way Mark Greene is going out. This is almost too much, the writers have truly put Greene into the wringer.
It was a strange thing to see Benton back, but they gave it away in the opening credits.
Anyone else recognize Groo (from Angel) as the guy "stalking" Dr. Chen? :)
Frank and Jerry make a great couple.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
okay, here's what I predict:

We all know abby and carter had a thing for a long time and there are hints of it still. Also, we also know there was talk of Carter "waiting for Abby to break up with Luka" and Luka gettin mad about Carter, so ya, I can see where potential conflicts arise, but this early? hmmm, I'm excitied to find out! I bet Luka really wants to get back together with Abby (helping her out at the end, caring, charm), and based on the preview, it looks like Dr. Lewis is OUT so that means Carter is a free man. Besides, the writers never really enforced the Carter/Lewis relationship. So "the revelation" could be that Luka nd Carter are both in love with Abby? too corny? I dunno.

anyway, back to the raving...I agree with you, Patrick..Dr. Greene's writing off is too soap operaish, but I think it'll be an attention grabber in the episdoes to come.

How bout the little girl shooting her own father!? There's gonna be more to that.

Oh ya, Jerry and Frank getting in a scuffle..now that was great! "C'mon gramps" hahaa

***1300 posts!!!!!!***

TimDoss

Second Unit
I liked Carter's reaction to Chen saying that about giving the guy a "hand release" at Harry Potter.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Ming Na can give me a hand release any time ha ha ha!! :)
I can't help but being sucked into everything now. I know it is getting soooo soap opera-ish but I like it. I also think that Elizabeth blaming Mark is a lame excuse.
Did anyone else catch the song that Luka was playing in his car, the porsche? It was "Dr. Love" by Kiss.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
What did the doctor say to Greene. Was it that he only had 4 months to live? I watched the show, but missed that scene. I also think it is ridiculous that he did not tell Corday. I hope that Benton was able to make her realize that he is not being selfish for trying to keep his older daughter home. She is asking him to leave one family for another. Thats wrong. I also hope they don't kill him off. That would stink. Don't they realize that if they kill him off. He won't be available for the inevitable show reunion a few years after the show ends.

At first I thought Carter and Abby would be good together. But, then as soon as she left Luca. He lost interest. I think that Carter is not going to get back together with Abby. I think he is going to get together with Chen. Abby and Luca will probably get back together

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The reason Carter would not go for Abby was because at the time, she was still stuck on Luka (and she was!). If I were Carter, I would have done the same thing to maintain my self respect.

I forgot, how did the writers put some distance between Carter and Susan to cool off that relationship?

Corday: whatever happened to "For Better Or Worse" in your marital vows?

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
What did the doctor say to Greene. Was it that he only had 4 months to live?
Yes, the doctor said Greene has 4 months to live. That will take him to May sweeps month. As far as the story line for Corday, it seems ER needs to have a reisdent "bitch" on staff. Now that the writers have softened Dr. Weaver, that leaves Dr. Corday. I predict there will be a Greene/Corday reconciliation before the end.

DonMac

Stunt Coordinator
Marty M wrote:

The doctor said Greene has 4 months to live. That will take him to May sweeps month. As far as the story line for Corday, it seems ER needs to have a resident "bitch" on staff. Now that the writers have softened Dr. Weaver, that leaves Dr. Corday. I predict there will be a Greene/Corday reconciliation before the end.

I hope Mark calls it off with "bitchy" Elizabeth and shacks up with Susan. Mark and Susan are such a great couple that I'd like to see them together for Mark's final days. They have a wonderful chemistry with each other (only Carol and Doug were arguably better), something that Mark and Elizabeth completely lack. (NOTE: I know it won't happen this way -- but I'm a long-time ER fan, so this is just some wishful thinking for the "Couple That Should've Been")

Micah Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator
My Tivo summary for the episode said (paraphrasing) Dr. Greene throws himself into his work, Abbey discovers a patient in a coma is pregnant.

The Dr. Greene part was obvious.

The patient in a coma was brought in very early in the episode. The EMT said she had been in a coma for over a year. I thought to my self, "OK, we're going to discover she was raped." But that whole story-line was never brought up again! What gives?

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
The first sign that Mark had a problem with his brain was when he turned down Susan's offer to go with him on vacation. (And not that she's bad now, but this was way back, when she was hotter.) :)
I'm not sure exactly where Carter's (funny how no one calls him John) and Susan's relationship is. We seen them kiss, but has there been any other evidence? The show has no problem showing characters in bed.
"hand release" and Carter's reaction was funny. I can see why the guy wanted to see Jing-Mei again. I hope the episode is supposed to take place February-ish; by now, the theaters are not filled with kids. Think of the children....
The Sinatra tune that opened Mark's scene in NY was quite appropriate: Ain't That A Kick In The Head
There also seemed to be some parallels between the husband that got burned and his wife, and Mark and Elizabeth, especially with her telling him that his wife still loves him, no matter what he did.
//Ken

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Patrick,

The preview of next week's episode showed:

Carter seeing Susan leaving Mark's place, obviously having spent the night. (At least that's how I took it.) She refuses to explain why she was there, which makes Carter mad. Obviously we know why she was there, but no one else does.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Ahhhh....that would explain the rift between Carter and Susan (though sitcoms do that type of stuff all the tiem).

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Pretty good episode last night. I see Dr. Gallant has some directing talent too. ;) I hope I don't have to tune in each week through May and see Greene rubbing his eyes and getting sick all the time. He can't work in the hospital in that condition, so something is going to have to give. I'd like to see more of Chen each week. Not only can she provide a few humorous moments, but she's hot. :D Next week's preview looks hilarious with Carter and Luka engaging in a quasi-schoolyard brawl. :laugh:

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Giving a "hand release" on a first date, I figured her for better than that.

Where is Randi? Is she gone now that Jerry is back?

Killing off a character that is leaving a show really sucks. Unless the character is not well liked of course.

They have really turned Corday into an unloving, selfish bitch.

Abby go back with Luka

Carter get with Ming

Corday leave with Benton for good

Susan leave with Mark when he goes

Weaver get with Ramano and really turn things upside down

Dave Barth

Stunt Coordinator
It's no wonder the guy wanted a 2nd date after what was revealed about the 1st...what a wonderful way to phrase it, "hand release"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks