What's new

equalizer again (1 Viewer)

MarcHarley

Auditioning
Real Name
Marc
ok i figured out how to make the equalizer work,
but my next question is i'm gonna use it for my subs,
does anyone know how to adjust the equalizer properly for the subs?
thanks

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Just a tip, but it's usually better to reuse the same thread as long as you're on the same topic.
As far as your topic goes, you need to be more specific : Waht are you trying to do, and what's not working for you? Describe it in detail, or nobody will know enough of what you're talking about to give you any help.

And then there are the audiophile people who will bite your head off for mentioning the term "graphic equalizer"… ;)

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Hi Marc.

Go over to the speakers fourm and search for "House Curve". and "Behringer"

A lot of people have gone with a Behringer Feedback Destroyer (which is a parametric equalizer) on their subwoofer cable. Then they use a test-tone disk at 8, 16, 24, 32, ... hz to measure the volume at each frequency without the equalizer. (You use your Radio Shack SPL meter to measure the volume) This maps the room response. The equalizer is then used to reduce peaks in the subwoofer frequencies.

An ordinary equalizer tends to NOT work well for this because it is trying to let you adjust peaks down for the whole range of audio frequencies. Most equalizers have 1 slider/adjustment that covers subwoofer frequencies. And with only this gross control, you may as well just use the volume control on the sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks