What's new

Epic Movie - Oh My, Oh Why? (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
There isnt much good to say about this movie other then the picture looks terrific and Jayma Mays is super cute.

she does a pretty good impression of anna farris' persona
of the scary movie, movies
http://imdb.com/name/nm1724323/

everything is nearly pointless.
an entire sequence in the beginning doesnt make sense even in context of this movie.
inside willy wonka's factory.
what was that?

Colin has coined the phrase, it is "recognition humor".
you see a character and say oh yeah there's that guy from that movie.

the pirate music video segment was slightly funny.
especially the women pirates part.
there should have been a punch to the crotch counter. it happens a lot.
also the obligatory super vomit scene with a large amount of projectile going onto everyone.

so the pq looked great not a spec of EE that i could see and the picture was crisp and clear.

i recommend engaging the burp and fart sound effect track as it nearly helps make the movie watchable.(hmm, spell check wants to change watchable to wonk)

i guess i should also mention there is a bunch of extra features including outtakes, and alternate ending.
interviews with the characters about what turns them on and off.
and interview with fred williard as aslo in character.
A feature that allows you access to additional jiucy shots from filming.
an icon pops up and you select the icon for additional gratuitous footage of your favorite hotties from Epic Movie

oh well watch if you choose make up your own mind.

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

and one more thing.

Roscoe Lee Browne's last movie

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
lol, i guess it a good thing no one has put a response to this.

SVTStingRay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel
i found date movie was way funnier. this one was barely watchable. they need to give it a rest for a year or 2.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
If DATE MOVIE was way funnier than this, THIS MUST BE AWFUL. :)

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I'd have to disagree and say that Epic Movie was absouletly hysterical.

... I'm just keeeding! ;) It's actually way funnier than Date Movie. I was bored out of my skull during Date Movie but had a good'er time with Epic Movie. That being said, I don't own nor do I plan to own any, plus I saw them for free.

Total $ spent on the franchise: 0.00
Total hours spent on the franchise: 3.5 ;(

ry

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Both Date and Epic are absolutely atrocious. Epic is slightly better than Date, but that's like saying that getting your legs eaten by alligators is better than squirrels gnawing off your balls...

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

That is too funny because I remember a movie critic once saying that a movie was "better" was like saying that death by lethal injection was better than crucifixtion. Can't remember the movie's name though.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Did anyone notice during the theatrical release that 20th Century-Fox removed all their logos from the advertising? Only the Regency Enterprises logo was featured. Perhaps not, as how many people are that inside baseball, but I think it is very telling that Fox wanted to create some distance between themselves and this film, as if they knew they should be ashamed of themselves.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I like how the trailer for this conveniently showed me how unfunny it is. I wish all trailers provided such a realistic sneak preview. I'd save a lot of money.

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
With a movie like this, I wish they would replace the dirtier unrated version with a cleaner PG version. I understand why they don't, but I think the jokes are more appropriate to the 4 to 10-year-old sense of humor: familiar characters acting silly and plenty of toilet jokes. I know my kids (ages 4 and 8) would laugh at Epic Movie a LOT more than I did. Unfortunately, I won't let them watch it until they are old enough that they won't enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks