What's new

Enhanced for 16:9 - Wow! (1 Viewer)

Neil White

Supporting Actor
My KV-32HS20 HDTV 4:3 TV arrived almost a week ago. I've calibrated it quickly with VE and so far I am very happy with the picture.
Even though I am more than versed with anamorphic and its virtues, I had never actually seen it action prior to getting my new TV. All I can say is wow!! I've done some A/B tests and I can't believe the difference. And that's without a progressive scan DVD player (yet :) ) - but I think the HS20 upconverts to 960i right? The auto 16:9 compression is a very nice feature too.
I was behind "enhanced for widescreen" before, now I'm going to be fanatical about it.
What's really great is that my wife asked me tonight if they do "big screen flat TVs." What she really means is do they do a RPTV equivalent - read HDTV RPTV. Of course I explained "they do" and widescreen to boot. Seems like I won't be waiting too long to upgrade the monitor in our dedicated HT room ;)
N

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Welcome to the "club". And, getting a progressive scan player should enhance the picture even further. It should stabilize it and eliminate even more artifacts.

Bruce

Neil White

Supporting Actor
Bruce,

Yep. I believe that progressive scan players do the 3:2 pulldown that my non-XBR Sony lacks....

N

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks