1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

And so it begins... Attic Reclaim

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by CyFactor, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Dave Upton

Dave Upton Audiophile
    Owner

Dave Upton
    If you want a demo some time, you're more than welcome to head down to Katy for a listen.

2. JohnRice

JohnRice Executive Producer

John
    For the last few years I've been tempted by the PowerSound sealed dual 15, currently the S3012, which is the same configuration. The PSA is cheaper, but they're getting closer, since the PSA keeps going up in price. I just never pull the trigger.

3. CyFactor

CyFactor Auditioning

Vince Turner
    Just a quick update, the project is officially kicked off as of about four weeks ago, and I can hear them hammering and sawing as I type. It will be a while, though, because the costs came in a bit higher than I could manage initially, so it's taking place in phases. Sub floor is the first phase, and I am making certain that they spray-foam insulate under the floor. All of the walls and ceiling will be spray-foam insulated as well.

I've decided on a four sub woofer setup. I plan to recess them into the side walls since those will still have attic space on the other side of them. That way they won't take up any space in the main room.

Question: Given the room size of roughly 16' x 20', would four 500W RMS subwoofers be enough, or should I look at upgrading? Right now, I'm running that single SVS PB-2000, and I could buy three more of them relatively cheap. The single sub does pretty well on its own, so I'd imagine four of them would do well to shake the floor especially considering the spray-foam sound proofing.

Thanks! I'll grab some pictures of the mess in progress once the workers leave for the day.

4. CyFactor

CyFactor Auditioning

Vince Turner
    I plan to take you up on that as I get closer to buying equipment. :)

5. CyFactor

CyFactor Auditioning

Vince Turner
    Photos of Phase I in progress (engineering the sub floor):
    Phase I - 001. Phase I - 002. Phase I - 003. Phase I - 004. Phase I - 005. Phase I - 006. Phase I - 007. Phase I - 008. Phase I - 009.