What's new

Enemy at the Gates.....Any of a Special Collector's Edition re-release?? (1 Viewer)

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
I just recently watched this again and was suprised to see how much more I like it now than when it was first released. It makes me wish that Paramount had done more with the disc in terms of A/V and supplements. The A/V is still first rate and among Paramount's best, but the supplements offer no insight into the film or the battle's history. A DTS track and commentary from director Jean-Jacques Annaud would really benefit this underrated film. I see other regions have the previously mentioned additions. Paramount seems to be revisiting some of its older titles and giving them some more added features and better picture and sound. Anyone care to comment on this and hope for a re-release of this film someday? Or perhaps which Paramount films they hope to see much more elaborate editions and treatments of in the future?

David Levy

Stunt Coordinator
'Special Collector's Edition' - the three words that make me shudder. Is it for Special Collectors only then?

It's like Paramount jump lumped together words in the hope that it sounded good enough to make people buy it.

I have the region2 of this movie, with DTS and commentary, and if you can play it, it's well worth getting.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
loved this movie. saw this and shadow of the vampire roughly the same time on cable, and freaked at how good they both were.

AaronMK

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Aaron Karp

I think the first Mission: Impossible is in desperate need of a "Special Collector's Edition" release. The current release is non-anamorphic, and has a p&s transfer hogging space that could have been put to much better use.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks