Elite 510 on the way!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Bunge, Feb 7, 2001.

1. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Hi Everyone!
    I just wanted to share with everyone the fact that my Elite 510 is FINALLY on it's way! I ordered this thing back before Christmas and have been waiting (impatiently) ever since! I was originally planning to have a Super Bowl Party but didn't get the TV in time. But now I feel like it's really gonna happen!
    I received my Dish6000 receiver and Elite DV-37 awhile back. I should be receiving my Salamander Synergy S40 any day now and my Dish 500 should be on it's way today as well! The dealer even threw in an S-VHS VCR for the extra wait time! It looks like I'll have my TV early next week!
    Yes, I could have gotten the TV and everything sooner. But considering I'm getting the TV, the DVD player, Dish6000 and 500 dish, and Salamander unit for what the TV alone would have cost me locally it's been worth the extended wait! I figure I've saved around $2000 total!
    Brian

2. Lee Bombard

Lee Bombard Stunt Coordinator

Lee
    Congratulations Brian! The 510 is a fantastic set and I'm sure you'll love it.
    If you don't mind my asking, Why such a long wait for delivery?
    Regards,
    Lee

3. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Lee,
    I guess when you deal with a privately owned shop it's not realistic to expect them to have 5 or 10 $5000 TV's sitting around. So they have to order from Pioneer directly. That means you're going to wait! Even my favorite local dealer said it could be a month or two but he charges straight retail for everything. So I found someone else that knocked about $1300 off the TV. As a matter of fact when I first contacted him he had one left and said it was mine if I wanted it, but he also had someone else that was interested. Since it took me a week or so to get the money situation nailed down, when I called him back he'd just shipped it out to the other guy.
    Of course I could have gotten it from the local HiFi Buys (Tweeter) in about 2 days, but then I wouldn't have had the money to get all the other equipment either!
    Brian
    P.S. I received my Salamander Synergy S40 yesterday! I got the walnut finish! It's absolutely gorgeous!