What's new

electronic/consumer junk that you have (1 Viewer)

DaleR

Stunt Coordinator
what stuff do you have lying around gathering dust? besides your teenagers i mean. me:

harman kardon avr 10 receiver

p-166 compaq presario (with 14 inch monitor, huzzah!)

13 inch b&w t.v.

panasonic top load vcr

pair of psb speaker boxs

mice, joysticks, sound cards etc etc

thousands of paperback books (and yes sometimes i do pretend to have read them all)

what i mean is do you have vast amounts of "stuff" that you find it hard to part it even though you have have no real use for it? do you live in rat warren with stacks of old newspapers piled to the ceiling? what "junk" do you have?

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Here's what's in my closet:
Sony Receiver (circa 1985)
Rotel Receiver (circa 1975)
Virtuoso speakers :laugh:
Atari 2600
NES
SNES
(Nintendo 64 is almost there)
Pentium 166 MMX computer (don't we ALL have an old computer in our closets? :) )
VCR & VHS Tapes
that's about it...except for dust-bunnies :D

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Hmm, most of the old electronics stuff in my family we still use, so i only got a small list of unused stuff:

1. 286 DAEWOO computer + Monitor currently outside in my backyard bench

2. 386 Notebook B&W running windows 3.1

3. Mobo/CPU of 486 100MHz

4. NEC Dolby Pro-Logic Processor, mint condition, currently right beside me near my computer (Used to use it for PC, but the wires got really messy and my dad kept yelling at me)

5. Dead Pioneer CLD-909

6. AAMAZING VGA monitor

7. Logitech handheld scanner

Current stuff that we still use that would be collecting dust in other households:

1. L'il bro's Pentium 120MHz, 950MB HD, 24MB RAM, 8x CDROM, win98

2. My P166 OC'd to 210, 64MB Ram, 3.8Gig HD, 4424 Nitsumi CD Burner

3. Lil Bro's VGA monitor

4. 2 toshiba TVs, both more than 12 years old, one is 27" and one is 19"... The 27 is crapping out, but my 19" is working wonderfully, the image just like the day it was bought, im happy with it...

5. 37" Mitsubishi Direct View TV straight from Japan (Japanese lables, remote, buttons etc) Crapping out soon

6. Fujitsu Dot Matrix Printer

7. Sega Mega Drive

8. AmigaCD32 (won this)

9. 12+ year old Fax Machine

THats all i can think of right now

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I just moved a month ago and decided that I needed to clean out the storage room since the apartment that I was living at had a huge dumpster. Finally just getting sick of packing this stuff around so I used the dumpster while I could.
I had boxes of magazines. Life mags and McLean's and lugged them around for years. I said enough! In the dumpster they went. I ridded myself of the National Geographics too but they had a much better fate. I gave them to the neighbor down the hallway. Three boxes with probably 350 magazines.
To get back on subject, I don't have much junk cause I recently turfed most of it. :)

Mario Bartel

Stunt Coordinator
A 15-inch Sony Trinitron tv which, when I bought it in the mid 1980s, after much consideration and deliberation, I thought it would be the last tv I'd ever need. Boy, was I ever wrong!

I also had a couple of boxes of old magazines, including almost every issue of Bike ever published, and the first four or five years of Inside Sports (when it billed itself as a "literary" sports magazine and featured some great writers). But a flood a couple of months ago forced me to reconsider my packrat tendencies and whittle my collection down to a few favorites, and a few issues with collectible potential (charter issues of Inside Sports, Racer and Men's Journal). Besides, most of that "reference" information I kept telling myself I was saving all those magazines for, is now a mouse click away on the internet.

Lo and behold, I've actually got closet space!

Mike H

Stunt Coordinator
Well my list of junk is the following:

1) Sony EDP-800 Dolby Digital Processor, I got it for the AC3/RF decoding, but don't have an RF out LD player

2) One Pentium 100 that doesn't like HDs

3) One Textronix Ribbon color printer, with no ribbon

4) One dying 17inch color monitor.

5) A large collection of Maxim, which I dumped my subscribtion when it took me 27 pages of ads to get to the first article.

6) Software, lots of it.

7) CDs, I have about 200 that I don't listen to anymore. I don't sell them because the local CD shop only gives 1 dollar for CDs with light scratches in them.

8) 2 old OEM Car radios that may or maynot work anymore.

9) 2 alarm clocks in case the current ones break.

That's all I can think of right now.

Mike

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
You have a Mega Drive Nick? Nice, but how did you get around the region lock? Unless you were only playing Japanese games (expensive!)
If you have Phantasy Star (MD version) I'll buy it off you :)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
You have a Mega Drive Nick? Nice, but how did you get around the region lock? Unless you were only playing Japanese games (expensive!)
sadly, i only have a couple games, and i never really got around the region lock.. my dad bought it in HK, and broguth it back in a business trip... I have like 3 or 4 japanese games, but some US Games worked, like NHL 95, and Jurassic Park: Rampage Edition (though JP1 iused to work but quit working for some reason), and i had this MegaKEY that supposedly defeated the region lock, but then it crapped out after awhile... :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks