What's new

Ed - 11/20/02 (1 Viewer)

Brent_H

Second Unit
didnt see a post for this yet.....

OHMYGOD. I can't believe what I just saw. I thought for sure that when Ed told Carol what he did, with the horse and all, that she would totally see the light. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! How could she get MAD at him? Anyways, I should have known better than they would fall in love not even halfway through the season.

Well, here's to plenty more weeks of indecisiveness!

~Brent

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Now it's Carol's turn to chase Ed. I couldn't believe this episode. It was a good one. I thought for sure they would hook up but then Ed goes "What are you doing"?

Brent_H

Second Unit
the question is: what was ED doing?!?! argh. we have to wait until DECEMBER 11TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that damn live concert series.....country music, no less.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
DEC 11?
(prays)
Please say you're kidding. Please say you're kidding.

Killy Ripa is gonna be gone to isn't she?

That means its bound to focus on the kids more--

Oh and don't front man--You know FAith Hill is MILFtastic.

Brent_H

Second Unit
Thomas--

yeah, Dec 11.......and yes, Faith Hill is very MILFtastic, but I would rather see ED!!!! bleh.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
This episode is the best example of why Ed has become my favorite show this season.

Brent,
Carol got mad because Ed was always there pursuing her since the day he arrived. He made it his mission before even getting to really know her beyond his childhood memories of her. Sure, he knows her now but he still has this idealized vision of her. When she got mad he finally got it through his thick skull that she is right. At that point, I think he made the decision to give her room and not "be there" anymore...at least for now.

I like the strength of characters and how the plot is playing out this year.

And Mike's breakdancing, miming, acting, etc had me rolling. Man, the writers for that show should win an Emmy. In fact, I would submit this episode for consideration.

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
This show is a guilty pleasure for me. It makes about as much sense as a soap opera:
MAJOR CLIFF NOTES SPOILER ALERT!
Ed: "But I can't let Carol marry Dennis, I will ride into the church, declare my love and put an end to this!"
Carol (at church thinking): "hmmm, I wonder where Ed is..."
Dennis (at church): "You are looking for Ed, you never loved me. I am sooooo out of here."
Carol: "Nooooooo, but Dennis, I really, really... kinda like you."
* Ed arrives at church after Dennis storms off *
Ed: "What do you mean the wedding is off? They aren't getting married? Let me gaze upon the weeping beauty of my dreams... OK, I'm soooo out of here."
* Later, at the bowling alley *
Ed: "We need a contract to govern how we will treat eachother."
Carol: "Great idea!"
Ed: "Oh, by the way, you know how you were p!ssed 'cause I didn't show at your wedding?"
Carol: "Yes, by the way I WAS looking for you."
Ed: "Oh, yeah, thats nice. Well, I was going to ride a horse into the church and break up the whole shebang. Just thought you should know."
* Carol attempts to kiss Ed *
Ed: "Eeewwwwwwww, cooties. You are gross. I'm sooooo over you now...."
FADE TO BLACK
Come on people, you don't see all this as being just a bit preposterous??? The fact that it takes two entire one hour episodes to cover this is incredible. Oh well, makes for good entertainment!

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
What happened last night was essentially the only other alternative the writers had to getting them together. Overall a very good episode - as someone else noted, Mike's efforts to entertain Nancy and Molls was hysterical.
I wish there would have been more screen time dedicated to Carol and Ed talking, and talking seriously. Too much of the precious 43 minutes was them trying to escape.
And I was quite shocked by Ed's "I'm done." However, on thinking about it, I think it was the conclusion started by Carol's statement earlier in the episode: She told Ed he was in love with an idealized version of her, one that could never meet reality. True or not, Ed apparently decided that she was right, and that no woman was worth 2.5 years of wooing and creativity with nothing to show for the effort.
I wonder if we will start to see Carol "chase" Ed - but I doubt it. No reason for her to start having smart thoughts now!
You know Faith Hill is MILFtastic.
Her and Shania both!
And speaking of MILFtastic and Ed - is anyone else thoroughly distracted by Jana Maria Hupp's ever-present midriff and tight shirts? The whole karaoke scene in the beginning of the episode was...umm....interesting. :D

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Another great episode. "Ed" has really blossomed in its 3rd season.

In addition to everything mentioned above, I have to say I like the developing friendship between Phil & Eli. It was smart of the writers to bring in Eli as a character who can cut right through Phil's BS. The result is we saw Phil acting like a human being for most of the episode. Nice job last night by both Michael Ian Black & Daryl Mitchell.

Todd Hostettler

Second Unit
I have to say I like the developing friendship between Phil & Eli. It was smart of the writers to bring in Eli as a character who can cut right through Phil's BS. The result is we saw Phil acting like a human being for most of the episode. Nice job last night by both Michael Ian Black & Daryl Mitchell.
I absolutely agree. In its own quiet way, this has been one of my favorite recurring stroylines this season. I hope they continue to develop it.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Very good episode, especially the end. When Carol said that Ed was in love with an idealized version of her, you could almost see the lightbulbs going on in his brain. Not entirely surprising, then, what happened when she tried to kiss him. It's good to see a show that can be emotionally jarring like this--funny one minute and serious the next.

On another note, I dug the "going to the movies" line, just for the ego trip.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Did you guys catch any of the scrabble words on the board? I only remember "hemp."

~T

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
This show seems just as annoying and contrived as the Sam/Diane "will they or won't they?" on Cheers.

Locking Ed and Carol in the bowling alley felt exactly the same as when Sam and Diane went up in the small plane and the pilot faked his death to get them to talk seriously to each other about their feelings.

This lame DF between Ed and Carol just feels so "been there, done that" to me. I'm getting sick of it. If Julie Bowen wasn't such a babe, I'd have stopped watching long ago.

Rob

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, Ed realized that he totally scrambled Carol's head during their "stay" in the bowling alley, and any advances she was making towards him was not based on genuine emotion and feelings, but rather on giving into to his relentless pursuit of Carol.

It's like when someone is just chasing you and chasing you, and finally you just give up and give in, but the chaser realizes that the chasee is just tired of the chase and would just get "it" over with. That's a relationship with a hollow foundation and would not be strong enough for the long run.

The show, Ed, is one of those which has a foot in the comedy pool, and a foot in the serious drama pool. This episode was able to go to far ends of both pools, and you're left laughing and crying by the end because of the life-changing decision that just unfolded within that episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks