What's new

eBay Problem Resolution (1 Viewer)

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Ok, so I'm having some fun with an item that I bought on eBay. Basically, the item did not ship with all the components it was supposed to (missing an infrared cable - I posted a thread about this earlier), and I'm royally pissed off about the entire situation.

I've attempted to contact the seller, but they're choosing not to respond to me. In my last e-mail to them, I went so far as to say that, if I don't hear back from them by the end of today, I'll be contacting VISA to report a fradulent transaction on my card. Hopefully, that'll scare them into responding.

I've had a similar situation to this one in the past, and was able to lookup the seller's phone number on eBay. Funny enough, I can't seem to do that now. Is there still a way to access the seller's phone number from the system? Has eBay removed this functionality?

Any help would be appreciated.

Moe.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Yes, as far as I can tell, ebay has removed the ability to look up contact information, which I don't fully disagree with.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Well... I've managed to lookup the seller's ID... not on eBay mind you, but with a good-old Arizona phonebook. :D I've spoken with the seller, and I'm waiting for them to call me back...
As for not listing the seller's phone number, I can understand why they would have removed the functionality, but can't say that I fully agree with the option.
For several buyers, we're SOL when communicating with a seller who has screwed us. Although e-mail is easy to shoot along, it's also relatively easy to ignore. I find a certain level of comfort in knowing that I can call a person and find out exactly what's going on with a transaction. Instead of spending weeks e-mailing back and forth (if one recieves a reply), a conflict can be resolved relatively quickly over the phone... (or not...)
Having said that, I remember that eBay would only allow you to lookup a phone number if you could provide a recent item or transaction number to go along with the sellers ID.
Moe.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
I almost agree...Ebay should at least be able to provide it upon special request. I sold a couple of Top loading NES systems, and one of the buyers said he was having an intermittent problem causing fuzziness on the screen. He thought it was being caused by the RF-out port on the back, but it seemed like the RF adapter to me. I asked if he had another RF adapter handy, or if he would like me to mail him one. Haven't heard back from him since. Waiting to see if he leaves me bad feedback!

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
you should be able to get the buyer/seller phone number, just not address anymore. I did an info request 2 weeks ago on a buyer and the email had both his and my phone #'s

Don Black

Screenwriter
As a powerseller, I only respond to eBay auctions via e-mail. That way there's a clear paper trail of the entire transaction. I have nothing to hide and don't need to deal with the emotions of a telephone call. Just my $0.02... Good luck on resolving things though. Definitely dispute the transaction with Visa if it wasn't as described.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks