What's new

EBay Auction ... What do you make of this? (1 Viewer)

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
I have been following this lisiting for the last 24 hours or so:

(Ebay link deleted - please, no posting of active Ebay links on the HTF.)

The seller sold over 100 of these during this time; that is over $1000 in the last 24 hours!!! I must admit I am intrigued.

Looks like an MLM scheme but it could be something else as he has positive feedback from previous buyers that bought the same thing from him.

I am not looking to buy a Hummer, but interested in the outcome of it.

What do you guys think?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
someone buy one then share the info to us here at the HTF:D

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
Looking a little bit further into this sellers technique .. I think I got him figured out by looking at the other auctions he has running, and I think he is pretty brilliant at getting peoples money in a legal way.

He listed a Ferrari Enzo for $1.2 Mil that has gotten over 45000 hits since he listed it on March 23!!!

He also listed a hooked up Hummer for $100K. This listing has gotten almost 8000 hits since March 27 !!!

Now ... I know this guy does not own either one of these cars as they are both priced waaaay over their value and he has very limited description about them. Also the Hummer he has in the picture claiming it to be his vehicle has a tropical backdrop in the picture and the guy lives in Boston!!!

BUT ... both these ads have links into his GET A NEW HUMMER FOR $25K listing ... this is how he is feeding visitors to this auction :D The other two listings are just bait for the Hummer info lisitng.

People are paying him the $9.95 for his info as most of them think he is a rich guy with all these toys so he must have some great "secret" ... and $10 is not a big investment.

And I am sure he is sending out some info for the money, as this way he is keeping himself legal. I am just not sure if this is legal on Ebay as it is obviously MLM.

All I know is that since I have been following this listing he has now sold close to 200 of these info packets at $10 a piece. $2000 in less than 48 hours is not a bad paycheck. Makes me want to try it myself :b

American entrepenuership at its best :emoji_thumbsup:

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Reminds me of the Steve Martin routine "How to be a Millionaire and pay no taxes". First, get a million dollars .......

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

I'd say at it's worst. I don't find it particularly good to trick idiots into giving them your money.

/Mike

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Me neither. Even though it may be legal, I would never be able to live with myself for doing such a thing.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I saw a "too good to be true" auction for a Sanyo Z1 and emailed the seller. I found out later that the persons email id was stolen and yadda yadda yadda. I don't know what happened, but I'm glad I didn't bid on anything and I guess it was "too good" and "wasn't true".

:)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I wonder why people don't buy his crap and do the same thing, sell his product for $5 instead of $10 ;)

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
Well, the auctions have been shut down by Ebay, so I guess they were not up to their policy after all.

John Gates

Second Unit

Yep. Some of us feel the same about lotteries. ;-) But state governments do need the money, after all!

Mike Lenthol

Second Unit
I wonder why people don't buy his crap and do the same thing, sell his product for $5 instead of $10
Because it takes time, and I got this theory: that the guy is making about what he is supposed to be making. That is, if the intelligence level he possesses was to be applied at doing other tasks, ex. normal 9 to 5 job, he would be compensated on the same scale. No more no less. Few exceptions here and there of course, but in the grand schema of things I think it holds true :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks