What's new

East Side Kids Public Domain Releases... (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Can anyone tell me what the best available ESK discs are both in terms of DVD production and transfer, and film quality as well?

There seem to be an abundance of cheap dollar-bin discs available from a number of questionable companies...

What would you reccommend me to check out as far as what's currently available on DVD?

Thanks!

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I'd like to know this also. I have some of the Alpha discs which range from fair to awful. TCM ran good prints of a number of titles a couple of years ago that had a "National Film Museum" logo. However I understand that some of the films were missing scenes.

In theory Warner Brothers would have access to the best prints of these, but if they're having trouble finding good prints of the Bowery Boys I can only imagine the challenge they would have with the ESK. Would they even want to expend the effort given the flooding of the market with the $1 versions of these titles?

Also, aren't some of the later films still under copyright which is why only a certain number of titles are available from the PD companies?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks