What's new

Early reference/demo DVD's (1 Viewer)

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
Being relatively new to the hobby, I was wondering what some of the first reference DVD's were. You know before we had SPR, U571, TPM, Toy Story's the superbits etc etc. So 3-4 years ago what discs were you using to show off your system, and have they withstood the test of time, are they still demo quality?

Moe

JeffreyMercado

Second Unit
I had titanic, Maverick, Money talks, and Casablanca. I had a DVD player on my $3000 buck PentiumII 400mhz cpu. It was across from my bed, great when chicks came over.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Here are a few:

Bram Stoker's Dracula
The 5th Element
Air Force One
Apollo 13
Contact
L.A. Confidential
Legends of the Fall
Dante's Peak
Daylight
Super Speedway
Dragonheart (I remember the big grin on my face hearing the dragon circling the room)

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I used the original Fifth Element disc as my reference disc until the Superbit version of the same movie came out, and now THAT is my reference disc! :)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Dean's picks are pretty accurate. I would consider Heat a bit of a late arrival and not necessarily a reference A/V title, although the laserdisc was considered so and the DVD tops that. Don't get me wrong, though, Heat is a good release well worth owning.
Now, what were the reference quality DIVX releases? :D
Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katarianig
Recent bookmarks