What's new

DVE differnece PAL or NTSC (1 Viewer)

Alowe

Agent
Real Name
Andrew
Not sure where to post this, sorry of wrong area.

I have the PAL version of DVE, but I am in the US and I guess should have the NTSC version. Will it make a difference, even though I am capable of playing PAL discs?

Andy

Dogg

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim Erhardt
Assuming the PAL and NTSC releases are the same, the only difference would be in the quality of the picture...which is the result of how well your DVD player handles PAL discs.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
It depends on the player. The PAL format is different than NTSC, for instance US NTSC has analog setup pedestal while PAL does not. If you're going analog out, some players might switch between 0 to 7.5IRE for analog out depending on the disc. Others may not. So it depends.

If you were to purchase a second disc, I would probably not just get the NTSC verion of DVE since the advantages are not that significant of having one of each, you might want to get something like Avia for instance so you have both discs, and you are sure to have an NTSC disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks