What's new

DVDs that could use a re-issue... (1 Viewer)

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
LADYHAWKE - I would love an SE.
So many other good suggestions above. In particular I'd like to see anamorphic re-issues of
The Man With Two Brains
Early Anchor Bay Hammer Horrors
Strange Days
and of course, Mortal Kombat ;)

Greg_C_T

Second Unit
I'd also like to second
Batman
Event Horizon
Top Gun
I'm holding off on these for now, but I'd sure love them in my collection one of these days!

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Others have mentioned Forbidden Planet. I'll add an often overlooked Robert Wise SF film, The Andromeda Strain. It badly needs a new anamorphic transfer.

Jon_W

Stunt Coordinator
Mark Rance: We just finished Cast Away and Unbreakable. So we're moving on to the Twin Peaks TV series (big applause) and then, God willing, Bernardo Bertolucci's The Last Emperor.
I know sites don't like people posting things from their sites but this is pretty obscure even with the link below.
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articl...con/index.html
I really hope we get word on that long rumoured S.E. of The English Patient
Rumour also has it that Amadeus will get the S.E. treatment by the end of the year. Check this out:
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html
Scroll down to the 1/24/02 update.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Aren't we supposed to be seeing SEs for both Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction later this year?

AaronMK

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Aaron Karp
Amen to MAR only titles needing reissues (if you consider a MAR issue a release in the first place).
An OAR Babe would be great.

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
I'll second Event Horizon (with extras please!).
The Hitcher. All the reviews I've seen of the disc say that the transfer is bad, even though it's supposed to be anamorphic widescreen. Let them get it right and get a few interviews ("Eric Red, what were you thinking?")and extra footage and I'm in for this one.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
The Color Purple!!
I also second (or third, fourth, fifth) Goodfellas!
Damn flippers is right! :)
Mark

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Event Horizon(with DTS)

Commando screams for 5-Star from Fox(why do Alien when you have Commando which needs it far more than the great Alien disc)

Andy Brady

Auditioning
I think one of the most disapointing DVDs I ever purchased was The Hunt for Red October. The sound on this movie isn't too bad but the picture I believe is horrible. This was one of the first movies I saw that got me into home theater. It was the first movie I ever saw in a large theater and I was in awe the whole time. The current edition needs serious improvement.

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
Scarface! - Looks and sounds awful in its present state. Completely disgraceful and sorry I ever bought it.
Year of Living Dangerously - Sadly over-looked film that seems to have only myself and the late Pauline Kael as fans. Could be stunning with a remix and a decent transfer.
Dangerous Liasons - Like Barry Lyndon I'm fascinated by filming in natural light; particularly indoors. No other way to capture the luminous quality of candle light reflecting off mirrors, gold, and jewels. This is the real 18th century and it's dazzling.
It's that or I wait for HD-DVD.
Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks