What's new

DVD Storage question/concern (1 Viewer)

Luc D

Second Unit
I'm moving to a new city in about a week for an indefinite period of time (about three years) and of course I plan on bringing all my DVDs. I have about 200 titles so I decided to put them all in a CD/DVD folder and leave the cases behind. Should I be at all weary of storing them for an extended time period in such a way?

MikeAB

Grip
I've been using CD folders to hold my DVDs for a couple years now and haven't had any scratches or problems. Taking DVD cases is not an option in a small college dorm. It also works nicely for trips.

Ben_@

Stunt Coordinator
I've been keeping mine in a large CD folder (about 200 discs). I've been keeping them like that for a few months now. I switched simply because I've been moving around so much and just carrying a few discs ran the risk of losing them in transit more.
I have had no problem with scratched discs. The only ones that have some wear are the two sided ones that expose one side(commonly the full screen side) to the elements(dust and finger prints) a bit more. But thats only a slight issue in my case as a I don't care for the full screen version of any of my movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks