What's new

DVD profiler problem??? (1 Viewer)

CraigK

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone else having problems...namely updates to it!

I still don't see INDY or MATRIX REVOLUTIONS on it.

I love using it...I hope its not done like dinner...

Thoughts?

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I haven't seen Are You Being Served set 2 yet, and that's almost a month old. I also did not see Dream A Little Dream which came out today. Maybe I'll have to submit them myself.

CraigK

Stunt Coordinator
Whoops...I meant to say RELOADED. I guess I am too excited for REVOLUTIONS!

I've typed RELOADED in and got nothing!

Is their an update I need to apply for?

Throw me a bone please!

Thanks

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
If you're doing partial titles, you need to check the substring box. otherwise, it only checks the beginning of the titles.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I was trying to enter in Married with Children Season 1 yesterday, and could not find it listed. I had to go with Married...with Children before it finally showed up, but I know that the Adventures of Indiana Jones, and Matrix Reloaded are listed because I've seen them in mine and others collections.

I'm still waiting for the Best of Ren and Stimpy to get added as well as the Ultimate Ric Flair collection, and WWE: Bloodbath, best of Steel cage matches.

Jalil

Stunt Coordinator
You guys realise that dvd profiler is a user based application. meaning, you/we are the ones that build the database.
therefore, if you don't see a title there, you should put it in, then contribute the file.

and indy is under, "the adventures of Indiana jones" fyi.

later,

CraigK

Stunt Coordinator
I think some of you took my post a bit too literally.

I have typed every possible permutation of THE MATRIX RELOADED title and go nothing.

What do you type to get it 'cause I get nuttin'!

Thanks...

Brian PB

Supporting Actor

Here's how to troubleshoot your problem:

1. Click on the tab to go to your owned titles.
2. Click the button at the top left-hand corner (the icon is a disc with a red plus sign)to bring up the box titled "Add DVDs to Owned"
3. If you are prompted to "refresh titles from IVS before proceeding?" click "yes"
4. If you were NOT prompted (and this may be your problem), look in the lower left corner of the "Add DVDs to Owned" box. Click on the button that says "Refresh Online List from IVS"
5. Now, click the tab marked "Add By Title"
6. Make sure the Region box says "1 - USA, Canada". If not, pull down the correct region.
7. Locality should say "Any". "Any" should also be selected for Release, Rating, and Genre.
8. If the box marked "full substring filter" is checked, uncheck it. You have now selected all of the default values (for Region 1)
9. In the Title box, type "Matrix". If you did everything as instructed, it will bring up 9 results. The second one should say "The Matrix Reloaded"

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
One thing I discovered is that if you bought yours from Best Buy, with the bonus disc like I did, that this set has a different UPC, which is not (yet) in Profiler. So I added it manually by title from the existing boxset and changed the UPC and contributed it. If that's your issue, a profile should be along soon.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Dan R.... The infamous Ace_of_Sevens.
Decided I'd see if there were any DVDP forum denizens over here by checking the dvd collection link, and who's the first one I come across, Ace!
hehe...

Brian PB

Supporting Actor

Glad I could help out. I don't have any stake in DVD Profiler's success or failure, but I think it's an excellent and very powerful software package. It's clearly more difficult to master all of its nuances (especially compared to the more user-friendly DVD Aficiando and Guzzlefish), but it's far-and-away my favorite. And it's FREE (though I was glad to pay my money for the deluxe edition).

Peace.

Chad Ellinger

Second Unit
I'm not sure if they've been contributed already, but I manually created entries for each of the Indiana Jones discs tonight and submitted them. Although the boxset is already in the database, I like to have the individual discs in my DVD Profiler collection.

Chad

Michael Qualen

Stunt Coordinator
I submitted Indiana Jones and the bonus disc as separate discs. The UPC´s are:

Raiders Of The Lost Ark 97360612541 (Added as RAIDERS of course)

Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom 97360612542

Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade 97360612543

Bonus Disc 97360612544

I just took the main UPC and added a number to the end of it...1 for Raiders, 2 for Temple, 3 for Crusade and 4 for Bonus

All 4 have hires covers, and I hope all specs are right...I added them on the 13th of october where I got my set, so I don't know it they are "available" yet, but try it !

Vincent Matis

Second Unit
Real Name
Vincent Matis
Michael, I added the Indy DVD too, but re: UPC, I was strongly reprimanded on DVDProfiler's forums, because the UPCs I used (the same as you) are not real UPC, just numbers we "made up" (I used info from the DVD side cover: 01376 for Raiders,...)
And since they're working on a new DVDProfiler version, the DB updates (to be reviewed by the staff) are very slow...

Vincent

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
The correct way to contribute the Indy DVDs would be to enter them by Disc-ID. The problem is that many Disc-ID contributions don't seem to get accepted, however I just noticed that the Indy profiles have indeed popped up with the latest update to the online database.

Dunno how good the profiles are though since I made my own when I got the discs and I'll keep those locked.

Chris

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
The last two posters are correct. You should never contribute a DVD with a made-up UPC. If it doesn't have a UPC, it must be contributed by Disc ID (which can only be accessed if you have a DVD-ROM drive).

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Yes. If the folks on DVD Profiler forum find out you submitted these with phony UPCs they will hunt you down and, well, mock you or something. But they'll be very angry.;)

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
I'm just starting to input my 176 DVD titles onto DVDProfiler. I have the Best Buy Matrix Reloaded with extra disc, I don't have the UPC code that was placed over the Real UPC code of the Matrix DVD. Is the sticker UPC the correct one for the 3 disc version (not that it matters, that 3rd disc isn't all that great, just a couple things that weren't on DVD before)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks