What's new

DVD Profiler 3.0 is out (1 Viewer)

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Interesting how that all worked out. I was secretly hoping for an all-out, hair-pulling and eye-poking battle. It's amazing what a buyout will do.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I am glad this was worked out so quickly. I really like the new version 3.x of the program, and would have hated to see the product disappear due to a prolonged legal battle.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Wow! this has been an interesting 5 pages!

I just came on to see if anyone new why the 2.4 version hasn't seemed to be getting the catalog updates like it used to, I can now see why!

Is this all officially resolved? I don't want to pay for the 3.0 upgrade if it's going to fall into tangles again.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Good question, Russell! :emoji_thumbsup:

Can anyone point to a link which caries an explanation of the resolution of the conflict?

The forums at the InterVocative site...which had been carrying on at length during the dispute (most of it nonsense)...didn't have much new info as of last night.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm sorry. I'll answer my own question and post this message on the home page of the Invelos site (with my emphasis):

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
is there some folks asking if the have to buy the new version if they already bought the old version?

i dont think you do.
just download the new one and sign in with your key code.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
sorry if I confused the issue, I never paid for the old one, I was and am pretty happy with how it persforms. That said, I have 1300 DVD's, so I sort of have to upgrade now :P

With this all being one software now, what are the odds of there being an automatic upgrade for the 2.4 users?

I can;t wait to get home and play with this stuff, it's set my nerd collector brain a fire! ;)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

You will need to get a new registration key -- the one you currently have through Intervocative for Profiler 2.4 will not be recognized by version 3.x. However, you can obtain the new registration code for Invelos if you paid for a code through Intervocative.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
I believe you also need to make a backup of the 2.4/2.5 version and the restore it into 3.0 in order to complete the upgrade to your database. It will not upgrade automagically on installation.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I played a bit with 3.0 last night. It's very pretty, but mostly the same. Shame you have to pay to put in more then 50 titles, as I really don;t need there value added stuff.

I will pay though. I love the layout of it. :D

BrandonJF

Second Unit

You don't have to pay to put in more than 50 titles. You can only try 3.0 with the extended features turned on with 50 titles, but if you're not interested in those features, no need to pay.

I imported 2000 titles into 3.0 and haven't paid a dime. When you import your old database, a prompt will come up mentioning turning on the extra features for the first 50 titles or something to that effect. Just decline/cancel out of that and it will load everything.

Their features list doesn't mention any restrictions on the number of titles with the free version, either. The only restriction is on how many you can load if you want all features enabled (basically, a "trial" of the full version).

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I've been freeloading the DVD Profiler software long enough, and was happy to finally join the ranks of the paying customers for this excellent product.

I too don't really need all of the fancy features, but feel that even the free software is worth supporting. I'm happy the differences have been resolved and that the product remains viable.

Harry

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've been a paid subscriber of the Profiler software for years. I have always felt that the software was well worth the cost and that as a moderate collector...about 1000 titles (give or take)...the software really helps me keep track of things.

It has also been my hope that supporting the company that provided the software would help keep updates coming...and the product alive and well.

I am extremely glad the legal battle concluded so quickly.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I subscribe shortly after the product was released. Once I realized I could use my cuecat (remember those) to scan the barcode to add the movies, I was hooked.

Speaking of scanning, I'd like to see an 'audit' feature where I can go back and reinventory my collection and have it show me the 'missing' items. I have several thousand discs now and I KNOW there are some still listed that have been lost or sold over the years.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member

When I first started out with DVD Profiler I had 900+ titles to enter. I purchased a cuecat off ebay to try to reduce my time commitment in entering all those titles. Unfortunately the cuecat I received was a POS! :frowning: On the fortunate side I had not paid very much for it. I would not mind owning a decent barcode reader if it did cost too much. ;)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Are there only certain barcode readers that work with DVD Profiler? Or will any reader work?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks