What's new

DVD Profiler 3.0 is out (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I've been slowly working on my collection and even added four or five titles in the last couple of days. The new edit interface is much nicer than the old one and I'm REALLY liking the "divider" feature when entering cast/crew. Lots of small little improvements I've noticed help to make contributions not as painful as they used to be.

I'm really really impressed so far.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Your welcome, Arnie. For anyone interested...there is a thread in their on-line forums which explains the updates included in the upgrade.

EDIT**Here is the list of "fixes" as announced by the program's developer/owner:

JeffMuller

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, what's up with the Invelos site? I finally got around to downloading and installing, but now I can't access their (his) site.

Jeff

Clint_G

Agent
Real Name
Clint
Does anyone know if there is a PocketPC version of profiler? I looked but don't see it on the official site. If there is one, where can I get it and is it free?

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II

Just use DVDspot.com... I don't get what the big idea is for DVDProfiler anyway.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
It looks like Ken Cole (Invelos -DVD Profiler 3.1) is being sued by Intervocative - (DVD Profiler 2.4).

Missouri Case.net
07CY-CV03512 - INTERVOCATIVE SOFTWARE V KENNETH COLE ETAL
Date Filed: 04/05/2007
Case Type: CC Injunction
Judge Assigned: GABBERT, ANTHONY REX

Link
Do a search for 07CY-CV03512

JeffMuller

Stunt Coordinator
Paul,

Thanks for the info. Dontitfigger.

The big deal about it is that there are a bunch of us who have been using it for years. And that's what we use. Big deal.

Jeff

GlennWD

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn DelRossi
Damn It! I Shell out $30 for version 3.0 and this crap happens. I love the New Invelos Software, so obviously it HAS to be ruined! And the "big" deal with DVD Profiler is that its better than DVDSpot, to the extreme! (Just My Opinion)

Ali B

Second Unit
Do any of these other DVD Profiler-like sites import from DVD Profiler? I've got 500+ discs and I'm not sure I have the energy to enter them all again....

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I just upgraded to 3.0 and uninstalled the old version. I hope that this lawsuit gets settled awful quick, but that almost never happens.

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
I hope they work out the lawsuit quickly. I use the program a LOT!

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
Crap... :frowning:

Been a DVDProfiler premium member for couple years now, but if this last over a month I may switch to Collectorz Movie Collector. I've looked a dvdspot's site and don't like it's layout plus I want my list on my pc not web dependent. Been through that web dependent bull with a harmony/logitech remote.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

Flipping through the documents it looks like a restraining order was put into affect on 4/12 with their next court appearance is scheduled for 5/5. Hopefully this can be settled out of court quickly.

CharlesRLPower

Auditioning
Seems to me that if Ken Cole did what he did without coming to an understanding to those with an interest in Intervocative, he couldn't expect any other reaction. Obviously taking the new version of Intervocative's only significant asset to another corporation would, under any circumstances I can imagine, be highly unethical. Maybe there are circumstances I've not been able to imagine, but my immediate impression is that Ken was asking for it.

Yeah, I trashed my DVD Profiler 2.x too, though I could conceivably restore it.

Gunnar Syren

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gunnar Syrén
In case anyone is interested in reading a 28 page (and growing rapidly) thread about this, you can find it at Intervocative's forum, under Technical Support.

At least Intervocative isn't stifling the discussion...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks