What's new

DVD Profiler 2.0 Live (1 Viewer)

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
For those of you still having upload/download problems within Profiler, this is because of the "upgraded" proxy support. If you are behind a firewall, you will not be able to access.
I'm able to download all the databases and refresh updated profiles, I just can't contribute (even without cover scans).

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
So far I have not seen any speed up. As a matter of fact some functions take longer (i.e. ratings).
The immediate speedup I noticed were when you type the first few letters of a title while searching for it in the IVS database. Before there was a delay after typing each letter, now it is immediate response.

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
I'm not behind a firewall and can access the profiler database I just can't download my dvd database from the web. I can upload though.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
I can upload to My Profiler, as well. (Haven't tried downloading from My Profiler since I made a backup and restored from that instead.) I just can't contribute. *grumble*

Gary_Morris

Auditioning
This is from IVS:

Download from My Profiler has been disabled due to an error in the import which causes loss of data. It's a rare issue, but in order to avoid loss of data, we've taken this step.
We will reactivate it for 2.0.1.

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Damn! Download disabled? That is retarded. And then they MAKE us upgrade. I use the download all the time. I have profiler installed on my PC at work and at home and I use the download function to make sure both are in sync with my database. Now I have to e-mail my database around? GRRRR.

If it's so rare that the database gets corrupt who cares. I mean if you download it and it's corrupt you download it again, big deal!

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, that does kinda suck. I also have it at work and at home and don't relish having to manually update both. Oh well, it's still one of the best free programs out there. I can't bitch too much.

wally

Second Unit
Love 2.0!

Anyone know how to build a report based on run time? If I only have 90 minutes or so for a screening, I'd like to have a better idea of my options.

Nick_Scott

Second Unit
I just noticed that they added a "7.1" audio option.
I know the DVD spec allows for "7.1 mpeg-2 audio" but (as far as I know) none exist. I do have a couple of "5.1 mpeg" DVDs, but I have to listen to them downconverted to 2-channel since my receiver doesnt decode mpeg audio.

Maybe they added it for the "voice-of-god" ceiling channel that Dolby added to its 6.1EX as an experiement a few years ago.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with 2.0. I mostly use it for the reports, since I keep all my DVDs in the closed to keep my wife happy. (out of sight, out of mind....etc).

Rob T

Screenwriter
Download from My Profiler has been disabled due to an error in the import which causes loss of data. It's a rare issue, but in order to avoid loss of data, we've taken this step.
Damn.
and I messed up when I upgraded, too. I forgot to do a backup so now I'll have to rebuild my whole list. :frowning:

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Need some help here...

I finally registered my program, after upgrading to 2.0, and the images remain low-resolution. When I click "refresh all images", it scrolls rapidly through a list of my titles and places a green check mark alongside each, with the word 'skipped'.

Why am I unable to recieve the high-rez scans?

Feeling that I paid $25 for nuttin'.

Thanks,

Jon

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Yeah, that does kinda suck. I also have it at work and at home and don't relish having to manually update both.
You shouldn't need to update both manually. Simply use the backup and restore options under the file menu to update your home collection at work. For the cover images, I place them in a WinZip file, then email that file and the backup file to my work email account. The images are stored in the IMAGES folder under DVD Profiler, and the file names correspond to the title's UPC code with an 'F' appended for the front cover and a 'B' for the back cover.

Since Profiler has never worked through my company's firewall, this method gets around that problem.

Jesse Leonard

Second Unit
I finally registered my program, after upgrading to 2.0, and the images remain low-resolution. When I click "refresh all images", it scrolls rapidly through a list of my titles and places a green check mark alongside each, with the word 'skipped'.
You need to go under Tools --> Options and click on the Display tab. Then under DVD Cover Image Quality, choose High Quality. It will then flag all covers and allow you to download the Hi-res pics.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I just downloaded the new version, and I am very impressed!
I had no problems at all. All of my previous data was downloaded to the new version. Simple!
The new Statistics section is pretty cool!
Good job! :emoji_thumbsup:

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Options and click on the Display tab. Then under DVD Cover Image Quality, choose High Quality. It will then flag all covers and allow you to download the Hi-res pics.
Thanks, Jesse, but I'd already done that. Still no go.

Anyone??

Jon

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
try going under tools and repairing the database...just a thought
Tried it, didn't work. I think the repair database option is not available in 2.0 (mine froze the screen, have heard others having problems with it).
Upon further investigation, I've noticed that some of my images are hi-rez after all. To be exact, 10 (out of 89) are hi-rez; the others are low.
I can't figure out what makes the program download skip certain (most) of my titles.
Thanks for all the input, but could use some more.
Jon

Tom De Rosa

Stunt Coordinator

Same for me, although I registered some time ago.

It just "flies" through the updates with nothing downloaded.

I still have NO IMAGE placeholders for new DVDs.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Jon, back in the old v1.1 days I had a similar problem. In options I changed the existing preference from High Quality to Standard, OK'ed my way out and exited the app. Restarted and changed back to Hi-Rez. Then after performing an online "refresh all images" I had high quality on all titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks