What's new

DVD conversion PAL > NTSC (1 Viewer)

ryan_m

Stunt Coordinator
My company puts out music dvds, a lot of which come from overseas. Companies will send us a production copy of something in the PAL format. We can watch these but what we'd like to be able to do is have the ability to burn a few copies of these for our sales staff and have them be NTSC so they can be watched on any player.

Besides the dvd burner, what exactly would we need to do this? I'm assuming maybe a add-in card or software would be able to do this for us, but I have yet to find exactly what we need anywhere.

thanks

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
use a dvdrom drive and appropriate software to extract the MPEG-2 video and DD/AC-3 or PCM audio streams. Use TMPGENC to convert the video from PAL to NTSC (you can change the resolution and framerate without changing the running time, so you won't have any sync issues). then burn the new .m2v (MPEG-2 video) file and existing sound files to the writeable disc format of your choice

ryan_m

Stunt Coordinator
What software would you recommend to do the extracting? Will Adobe Premier do this? Or is there a cheaper alternative?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks