What's new

Dukes of Hazzard Flipper Disc Skipping (1 Viewer)

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Disc 4 of season 2 is skipping and getting "blockiness" all over both sides of the flipper, anyone have trouble with any of their flipper discs and has Warners been willing to replace them? This really ticking me off.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
It's no secret that "flipper" discs of any kind -- whether they are DVD-18s or HD-DVD/DVD -- are the most likely discs to fail long term.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Actually, I've had good luck with the ones I do have. Only Battlestar Galactica has given me problems thus far. Just bought this set and watched these discs for the first time. What I'm asking is if anyone has had problems with their Dukes of Hazzard flippers and if they asked Warners for replacements. Thanks for the response but my question is still unanswered.

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek
Hi,

I also have had good luck with flippers (knock on wood) so far. I have the original, original pressing of seasons 1-3 (all flippers, from, what, 10 years ago?), and recently went through them all with no issues. I have the original release of BSG (with the "toaster head" packaging), and have only had one issue: two minor audio dropouts on disc 5 (for all I know, or remember, that was there from the start). As for Warner's willingness to replace your problem disc, I have no idea... it's worth a shot, though. Given that you just bought the set, I would think (hope) that the merchant you bought it from would be willing to swap... Good luck (and "Keep it between the Ditches")!

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
Does the box set simply include the existing sets and flippers or single sided discs for all seasons?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Disc 4 of season 2 is skipping and getting "blockiness" all over both sides of the flipper, anyone have trouble with any of their flipper discs and has Warners been willing to replace them? This really ticking me off.

In my experience with Warner, they have been very good about replacing defective discs.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Albert, the box set has just the existing sets including the flippers. Forgot all about this thread, haven't notified Warners yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks