What's new

DTS Bitrate Question on "Jason Goes To Hell" DVD (1 Viewer)

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Did a search on this and came up with zilch.

I just got finished watching "Jason Goes To Hell" unrated in DTS.

At one point I decided to check the bitrate and when I did it said Rate: OPEN. Does anybody know what that means????

I did both the rated & unrated versions and came up with the same result on the DTS rate: OPEN

I checked the DD just for the heck of it and got a 448kbs rate.

If anyone has got an answer to explain this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I would also like to know what Open means too. I've noticed that's what my DTS LDs read for their bitrate.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Yah...I knew what the bitrate was (although I've also read 14xx), but I was wondering why it didn't read as 1235 on my reciever. AC3 LDs always display the 384kbps bitrate...but all I get is "Open" for DTS LDs.

greg_t

Screenwriter
In the article I linked to, it states that the total available bandwidth is 1411kbps, and the DTS track uses 1235kbps of it. I've never seen a receiver that reads the bitrate. I'll have to look into getting one.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
In case Joe was still wondering: the bitrate of the DTS track on the DVD is 754kb/s. I checked it myself a few hours ago, and my player displayed the bitrate without a problem.

DJ

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
In case Joe was still wondering: the bitrate of the DTS track on the DVD is 754kb/s. I checked it myself a few hours ago, and my player displayed the bitrate without a problem.
Thanks Damin.

I was wondering more about why it wouldn't read on my receiver then what the actual bitrate was & what it meant by "open". It probablly has to do with type of equipment a person is using. I'm using a Yamaha HTR-5650 receiver with a RCA 5220 & Panasonic RV26 dvd players using digital optical cables.

greg_t:

Thanks for the link to the PDF.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks