What's new

dreamcast vga problem??????? (1 Viewer)

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
I have or am trying to hook up my dc with a vga box.... My tv is a rca d36120 hdtv. when I hook up the vga chord to the vga in on my tv.... I get a picture for two seconds then flickers off, then on then off. But when, my picture is there its clear but not colored right (alot of greens). I then tried to hook it up to my tv via the vga-to- component cable and it never even recieves a signal. Please someone help me!!!
Thanks!!

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
Come on anyone?? the same flickering happened when I tried to hook up my computer to that tv.....ANYONE:frowning:

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
If your comptuer does that too, its probably something on the TV side of things. Try the TV forum. Im thinking it could be some loose connections on the VGA port

Gui A

Supporting Actor
Some early games don't work well with the VGA box.
But since you said that it happens when you hook up the computer to the TV, that probably means it's something with that input and it's settings. Or it could also be the cable you're using. Check the pins, make sure they're straight.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
Yeah, it sounds like a cable/connection problem. When a computer monitor cable gets loose, it turns the screen all sorts of funky colors. My DC VGA works just fine on my Zenith HDTV.

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
Ok it works fine on my Comp monitor but whe I hook it up to my tv it gets distorted and all crappy looking. It happened the same way when I tried to hook up my computer to my tv. I heard once it may because of the SYNCHROSCAN on the RCA's If anyone knows about this help!!!

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Which VGA adapter are you using? The one I have (I can't remember the name. Starts with an 'H') has a switch for VGA/TV. Does yours have that? Check it.

Sounds like a synch issue (50Hz/60Hz).

Mike

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
Yeah I think your right... it has to do something with the SYNCROSCAN of the tv.... hmmm i bet......
ANYONE KNOW ABOUT SYNCROSCAN lol, cause I dont. Damn Im screwed.:D

Steve Bjorg

Stunt Coordinator
You're sure it has nothing to do with the fact that VGA (be it DC or PC) uses RGB and your TV expects YPbPr (used by prog.-scan DVD players and HD)?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks