What's new

Dracula vs. The Mummy (2 Viewers)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
The Blu-ray sets are indeed, massive improvements over their DVD counterparts!

It should be noted that the 2nd and 3rd BDs in each set do include a Trailer for their respective films, which can be accessed via the Pop Up Menu. Also worth noting, is THE MUMMY'S CURSE (1944) Trailer, although not on a very nice looking print, is from the original theatrical release, which is not common for vintage Universal films.

Regarding the Pop Up Menu, I do find it slightly annoying that it cannot be accessed during the playing of the newer Universal logo, which precedes the original presentations. First World problems.

CHEERS! :)
I didn't think to check for the trailers via a pop-up menu as they were presented on the main feature discs! That's nice to know - but I really dislike those type of "menus" for such items as it makes them very easy to miss!

At least the new Universal logo can be skipped on these releases! There are some Universal titles where if you skip it you're taken several minutes into the film. I was very pleased to discover it's skippable. :)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
At least the new Universal logo can be skipped on these releases! There are some Universal titles where if you skip it you're taken several minutes into the film. I was very pleased to discover it's skippable. :)
Yes, but oh the disc load time is so bloody long!

Universal's Home Video motto should be along the lines of "Our Blu-ray discs can be played Universally without any worry, so long as you aren't in any hurry!" ;)

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

Universal's Home Video motto should be along the lines of "Our Blu-ray discs can be played Universally without any worry, so long as you aren't in any hurry!" ;)

You can sometimes speed things up by disconnecting from the interwebs - Java wants to update you with Universal's latest offerings .. :(

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony

You can sometimes speed things up by disconnecting from the interwebs - Java wants to update you with Universal's latest offerings .. :(
Our Samsung Blu-ray Player isn't connected to the internet, to begin with, as it only works with Ethernet, and we're on a WiFi setup. I simply can't be bothered with connecting it.

In short, the load time ain't gonna get any faster than it already is! :P Thanks for the tip. anyway.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Please kindly forgive my going slightly off topic on this post!

With no announcement from Universal regarding any Blu-ray Legacy Collection Releases for The Invisible Man and/or The Creature titles, it's appearing more and more likely that we may not get all 6 Universal Classic Monster Legacy Blu-ray sets inside of 12 months, after all. I believe it was around July 13 of last year that The Wolf Man and Frankenstein Legacy Collection Blu-ray sets were announced for mid September release, and we are already past that date for this year!

I guess that we'll just have to wait and see! :unsure:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks