What's new

Dracula 1978 (1 Viewer)

BillyH

Stunt Coordinator
I see in WSR that the 1978 Dracula is again being issued on DVD. Boy was my last copy a dissapointment. Way too gray, my old VHS copy was way more colorful. Someone here said that it was an artisic choice to make the old DVD into almost a black and white flick. Does anyone know anything about the new release? This is one of my all time favorite flicks. I do not mind B&Ws if they are supposed to be that way, but this movie had some great shots that realy used color well.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
"Does anyone know anything about the new release?"

Yes...look into my mirror. Deeper. Deeeeeeper. Yes, you are growing drowsy. You are now under my power, Van Helsing...you will now go and buy me 50 lottery tickets - and Valt Disney's Ugly Dachsund! I love it when the leetle puppies make trouble! Children of the night! Shaped like leetle sausages!

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Count Rister, ladies and gentlemen [sporadic clapping, a few boos].

Ernest are you contracted to mention the mouse of house in every post you post? ;)

As for Dracula 78, was this a prequel to Dracula 79 starring whatsisname? :crazy:

Hmmm maybe someone should resurrect the old Drac79 thread, might give us a few clues.

Blaine Skerry

Second Unit
For what it's worth, on the Dracula '79 laser disc(widescreen), colours were muted almost to the point of being black and white. I've always wondered about that. If it was an artistic decision, I'd be curious about the reason.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Take a look at the other thread Blaine...all will be answered over there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks