What's new

Dr Terrors House Of Horrors 4K (1 Viewer)

Sultanofcinema

Second Unit
Real Name
Joseph Barrett
Its ready to preorder and right around the corner with a Bluray disc and a boatload of extras. Hoping The Hounds Of The Baskervilles shows up next! I saw Dr Terrors House Of Horrors when it was released. It also was reissued on a double bill with Torture Garden.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese

Wayne Klein

Second Unit
I can finally get rid of both my UK and US release (since the UK had a better transfer but was missing the last shot of the skull). I don't know that 4K will really do much for the film per se beyond eliminating black crush but still welcome news! As I recall, the skull wasn't on the OCN because it was added just prior to release. So my question for Vinegar Syndrome is if this will include that shot. The HDR will help those colors shine.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
It should contain the shot, they actually fixed it for a later Blu rerelease. I thought the color was awful on the UK, very yellow; the Olive was better color-wise, but weaker in everything else.

Sultanofcinema

Second Unit
Real Name
Joseph Barrett
The Olive has both the Paramount Logo and the finale without an edit. This is from a 35MM negative and I'm sure you will be satisfied. Olive actually had good color.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Didn't this suffer from not only the yellow color, but from very heavy-handed DNR'ing as well?

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
I'm sure this will be an incredible, beautiful release. VS has become my favourite label in the last few years.

I have my fingers crossed for the later Amicus anthology films, particularly Vault of Horror and Tales from the Crypt.

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
I'm sure this will be an incredible, beautiful release. VS has become my favourite label in the last few years.

I have my fingers crossed for the later Amicus anthology films, particularly Vault of Horror and Tales from the Crypt.
"Asylum" is the one that needs the most work, hence I would hope someone takes it on. All the rest of the Amicus anthologies look pretty good on blu-ray.

Wayne Klein

Second Unit
"Asylum" is the one that needs the most work, hence I would hope someone takes it on. All the rest of the Amicus anthologies look pretty good on blu-ray.
I haven’t watched Asylum in ages. As I recall, the Blu looked decent but it clearly could use a restoration.

Sultanofcinema

Second Unit
Real Name
Joseph Barrett
I kept my British Vault Of Horror as the final end shots of the characters coming out of the crypt was in tact as I saw the film theatrically when it opened. The Tales From The Crypt/Vault Of Horror disc does NOT contain the characters disfigured/distorted faces when they exit the Vault. And yet Tales From The Crypt contains extra violent footage not seen theatrically.

Last edited:

Wayne Klein

Second Unit
I kept my British Vault Of Horror as the final end shots of the characters coming out of the crypt was in tact as I saw the film theatrically when it opened. The Tales From The Crypt/Vault Of Horror disc does NOT contain the characters disfigured/distorted faces when they exit the Vault. And yet Tales From The Crypt contains extra violent footage not seen theatrically.
When I first saw the twofer, I thought I had imagined the ending for Vault When I saw it in theaters.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks