What's new

Do women prefer men who work out? (1 Viewer)

Julie K

Screenwriter
am I the only one that finds it odd that in a thread about what women prefer, only one women has replied?
Why do women need to respond when it appears as if the guys here already know everything about what women supposedly want?
:rolleyes

Eve T

Supporting Actor
Regardless of what they may say, women dig men with muscles and as I've recently learned from personal experience they also dig tattoos.
Also not true. (least in my case) I don't like tattoos on men. I don't like big muscles either...I used to date a body builder and most of those guys are soooo narcasistic that it's not even funny.

I myself like tall thin men (think Marilyn Manson) I like body types like that. I also like shorter men that aren't fat (think Trent Reznor)

Working out is great, I do it myself at the gym most every week but I don't look for guys that do. Infact I don't really look anymore period since I'm married but as long as a man isn't fat and lazy it's all good.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
P.S. I prefer men with good grooming and hygiene, myself. I'll take a guy who cuts his toenails and fingernails, plucks errant hairs from orifices, bathes regularly and dresses nicely over a well developed set of abs, anyday!
But the point is that what women really want is the well developed set of abs AND all the other things you and Janna mentioned. :D
Of course, this is a generalization that doesn't apply to all individuals.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"The mystery is why women fail to see they are being treated like crap and dump 'em."

Theres a few resaons.Theyre comfortable in the relationship with THAT person.They dont want to start over. Theyre afraid to be alone. They dont think they can do better than what tey have now.It could be alot of things.

A little story. I have a friend whos cousin is gorgeous. I would sell my soul(not exaggerating) to be with this girl.Her b/f is a jerk who tells her shes ugly,fat and stupid. After 7 years of hearing this crap, what happens... she begins to believe it. My friend told her I think shes a Goddess, and the cousin doesnt believe her "Not me","Hes not talking about me","Your joking","Why would he want me","How could he like me" are her responses.

Would you believe shes still waiting for this guy to propose to her?

Very sad, because shes amazing.

Im a firm believe in not getting involved with people who are "taken" but Im very tempted to try.

Theres a difference between confidence,even arrogance and being a asshole.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Peter,

"Amen to that. How many times have I heard "oh you're such a nice guy, can we be friends?"
I'll second that "Amen", and see you a "I know what you're talking about".

I've gotten that line alltogether quite a few times. In fact, I got an e-mail (of all things)last week from a girl I met, citing pretty much that exact sentiment. I'll even POST that damned e-mail should anyone feel the need to content that point.

But of course, this is a subject for another thread altogether.

Moe.

Julie K

Screenwriter
Its true most women go for the assholes.

Then you think that most men are assholes?

Fascinating.

BTW, that relationship you described is an abusive one. That woman was probably raised in an environment similar to the one she'll raise her children in. The man is insecure and is seeking to control her by destroying her self-esteem.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Julie,

I decided to remove that sentence, but the answer to your question is "yes" I do. But I also think most women are as well.

As a very wise man once said "Men and women deserve each other"

As far as staying with people who mistreat you,this goes both ways. Ive known guys who have stayed with women who have cheated on them, lied to them, embarrassed them in public etc.They stay for the same reasons Ive stated above. Those reasons apply to men and women(As Ive heard those things from men as well). Women are just as capable of mental abuse as men.

The person Im speaking about has a self esteem problem becuase of the b/f,not her parents or the way she was raised.And yes I agree its a way for him to control and keep possession of what hes sees as "his".

Has this gone off topic or what.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
"person Im speaking about has a self esteem problem becuase of the b/f..."
Not knowing the woman, I cannot speak for her--but poor self esteem would be what led her to that abusive man in the first place; he didn't cause the low self esteem, but simply exacerbated it--which is no less worse. If he ever raises a finger against her, the cops should be called. Domestic violence is a felony, and deservedly so.

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Its true most women go for the assholes.
The question is, do most blokes go for the sexy outgoing sort of woman who blows you away, or the sensible quiet one who's reading a terribly dull-looking novel in the library.
It's easy to think someone's arsehole, but at least they're probably pretty interesting. Nice guys are dull. Take from a nice guy. But sometimes you just need dull.;)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
...not as much as they prefer men who work for a living. :)
If your goal is to zero in on what "women" like, you will kill your self trying to please everyone. Perhaps the question to ask oneself is: to what kind of a woman do you want to appeal? If your goal is later simplified to identifying what "a woman" likes, you may actually have a chance at success. :)
Most people who work out for reasons other than interest in their own personal health find it difficult to stick with the program, anyway. At some point they question the value of inflicting pain on themselves for 20 minutes a day or so just to impress strangers (unless they are training for athletic competition :)).
Regards,

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
TheoGB,
"Nice guys are dull. Take from a nice guy. But sometimes you just need dull."
No we're not!
I'm (as well as many other guys I'm sure) what's referred to as a "nice guy", but I'm far from dull.
I have many hobbies, many friends, etc. I'm an attractive, young, and available guy who happens to like to treat people well. I have a very active life, and I'm a pretty interesting person. I don't waste my life away in front of the TV every day (even though I love HT), and I like being around and interacting with people.
Unfortunately, from what I've seen, a lot of girls (read not yet women) seem to look for the "challenge" - or the bad-boy if you will. Some just want to find a guy with an edge, that brings some adventure into their dull lives. It amazes me how many times I've heard the words "I can change him" come out of some girls mouth.
Ladies... a man/boy will not change. You will not change him. He will not change himself. If he treats you like crap now, he will always treat you like crap.
If you want a fixer-upper, buy a broken down used car or an old junky house. Don't try to "fixer-upper" the prick-asshole guy, because he won't let you. And I agree with Jack 100% - any abuse to your spouse is a crime and should not be tolerated... be it mental or physical.
It's a course of logic I don't quite understand. I wish I could. :frowning:
Moe.

Thomas Reagan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
No matter how dull you think women perceive you as, eventually someone will come along who thinks you're the most amazing, interesting guy on the planet.
Spoken from experience....;)
Thos.

Julie K

Screenwriter
The question is, do most blokes go for the sexy outgoing sort of woman who blows you away, or the sensible quiet one who's reading a terribly dull-looking novel in the library.

Exactly.

These "nice guys" who say women want assholes are all chasing after the wrong type of woman. In their quest for a drop-dead-gorgeous playboy playmate, they ignore the nice girl who would be a far better and long lasting match.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
These "nice guys" who say women want assholes are all chasing after the wrong type of woman. In their quest for a drop-dead-gorgeous playboy playmate, they ignore the nice girl who would be a far better and long lasting match.
My turnabout way of looking at this is that if you are attracted to women who are attracted to @$$holes, then you are either aspiring to be an @$$hole or hoping to change them. If you are hoping to change them, that means you are not attracted to them, just someone who looks like them but has completely different tastes. If you are aspiring to be an @$$hole, then what are you right now?

Regards,

John Beavers

Second Unit
From my experience women are as Janna S described as to what they enjoy in a man. For those women that I know who gravitated to abusive men, it has nothing to do with attraction, and everything to do with conditioning, negative, which usually started in childhood.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Reading a thread like this makes me sympathise with women.

[whine] Oh boo-hoo, women don't like me; I'm such a nice guy but they don't give me a chance...[/whine]

I don't mean to speak for women, but I'm guessing that complaining isn't particularly attractive.

Ladies, I don't know how you deal with us.

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
At some point they question the value of inflicting pain on themselves for 20 minutes a day or so just to impress strangers
Wow. That's amazingly insightful, given how concise your post was.
Just for the record, I work out for the endorphin rush! :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Pamela

Supporting Actor
I think I've got it ... I, as a woman, must be open to any man, no matter how hideous or repulsive he may be. Of course, this is so I can be rejected by him, because he thinks he deserves a super model girlfriend. :D

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I would go for the latter. Unfortunately, they're usually too smart to go for a schmuck like me. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eliedisdisusa
Recent bookmarks