What's new

Do sound bars really help... (1 Viewer)

ReneS

Auditioning
I'm having the builders of my new house put them in my home theatre room. I'm wondering if this will help alot. Also should I do more inside the walls. I've heard regular fiber glass pink is fine, but I'm willing to spend the extra $$ for sound board if it will really help. Will it? Thanks.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Rene,

First, welcome to the Forum!

I’ve never heard of sound bars or sound boards. Maybe you could tell us what it is you’re trying to accomplish? I.e., “will sound board really help”—help what?

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

ReneS

Auditioning
I might be calling them a different name then most of you are familiar with, but essentially these are horizontal metal strips put on the 2x4 studs before drywall stage. The drywall is then screwed on the metal studs in order to keep a small air gap between the stud and the drywall. I've heard this is supposed to help with low frequency's being conducted through the wall.

The sound board is a brown compacted fiber sheet about 4'x 8'x 1/2" that is placed between the studs. This is supposed to help with sound deadening.

Has anyone here had experience with either product or something similar. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks