What's new

Do I go with a big center or side speakers? (1 Viewer)

BrianKR

Second Unit
I own B&W Nautilus HTM2 center and 805's for fronts and rears. What should I purchase next, the HTM1 center or SCM1's for sides?

I have it in my budget to purchase one but not both.
My concern is if I go with the HTM1 how will it match up with 805's for fronts? I was thinking I might want to hold off on the HTM1 until I can afford to upgrade both the center and fronts at thesame time.

any thoughts?

SethH

Senior HTF Member
I would go with the new center first. Most of what you hear is coming from you center, so I'd go with that first. Go to your local dealer and try to listen to the HTM1 with the 805's. They are both in the Nautilus line, so i'd imagine they are pretty darn close.

BrianKR

Second Unit
I am leaning towards the HTM1 center.
I can always sell my HTM2 once I get the HTM1 and put the difference towards SCM1's.

Johnny_M

Second Unit
well, i upgraded all my speakers 1 speaker at a time and did the center speaker last. BIG MISTAKE! everything happens thru that speaker and it improved the entire experience when i upgraded it finally. dialog became so much clearer.

Johnny

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks