What's new

Do high end CD players actually make a difference? (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Mike, IBTL stands for in before the lock, as if to say that an extensive DBT discussion could get ugly and then shut down. :)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
hey, it's thanksgiving week so i'll take a brief hiatus from waving the DBT flag till it's over. i wish you the best of success in pulling this off Lee.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Mike said:
Australia, huh? Do CD players over there spin counter-clockwise?
:laugh:
Lee,
Certainly, if I were to upgrade from the Audioquest cables, I would do some comparisons. My local high-end dealer only carries MIT interconnects, which are not necessarily bad, but I am disappointed by the lack of a selection. That is definitely a problem with high-end dealers I have visited. At most, they usually have two brands of cables. On top of that, an amazing number of high-end dealers have Monster cables either exclusively or as one of the two brand they carry. Now, I am not one of those folks who believes that Monster makes all-out garbage. What bothers me is that these dealers more than likely caved to Monster's marketing machine. I had a high-end dealer that only carries Monster cables tell me once that "We are basically in bed with Monster." :rolleyes
Anyway, when and if I do upgrade cables, which will not be for awhile, I will probably have to venture into Philly. Alternatively, I may give some of the mail-order dealers a call. Audio Advisor has a great selection of cables, but their prices are not so great. Music Direct has a very good selection, and they discount.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks