What's new

Disney Movie Club Exclusive 11/02/2021 Make Mine Music and Melody Time coming to Blu-Ray (1 Viewer)

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Source of this bit of information? I hope it pans out - I'll finally be able to quit the Disney Movie Club.

Last edited:

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Source of this bit of information? I hope it pans out - I'll finally be able to quit the Disney Movie Club.
the "other" forum

from what I read, they should be available for presale for ordering now, as I am not a member, I need for a reseller on either Amazon or e-bay.

but if someone could verify this information, and it's true.... I would be ecstatic

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
From a quick Google search, this appears to be legitimate. I'm a member of DMC and did a search there as well, but these titles aren't listed on the site for sale yet, however, when people are calling DMC to place orders cast members are mentioning the availability of these titles on Nov. 2nd. Additionally, it's been mentioned that the Blu-ray(s) are uncensored which if true is great news!

Sinbad75

Grip
Real Name
Jack
Numerous DMC members on the "other forum" have posted that Cast Members of DMC have been offering the two titles in Blu-ray during over the phone orders. An invoice has also been posted there showing the two titles as preordered. Still waiting to see an official (with artwork) announcement, but all indicators appear positive, including running times that would suggest uncut presentations.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
Numerous DMC members on the "other forum" have posted that Cast Members of DMC have been offering the two titles in Blu-ray during over the phone orders. An invoice has also been posted there showing the two titles as preordered. Still waiting to see an official (with artwork) announcement, but all indicators appear positive, including running times that would suggest uncut presentations.
Great minds think alike. ;)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
If one of you would you be side kind as to alert us as to when they show up as introductory titles, I would be much oliged.

A perfect intro package of five for me:

MELODY TIME
MAKE MINE MUSIC
SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES
WATCHER IN THE WOODS
FLIGHT OF THE NAVIGATOR

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I did post in the Exclusives thread though I didn;t start a specific thread since it's not on their online page yet and no real details are available, but the CSR starting offering preorders if people called them for some reason a couple weeks ago.

Basically 2 separate titles and it sounds like the official release date will be Nov 2 though there is a possibility these will ship a week or two earlier. Someone said there was a notation for Oct 22 so I'm not sure if that's shipment date or maybe the date it goes online

On Dick's question -- around 60 (sometimes 90) days after release has been the usual spacing before a new item is allowed for the enrollment package pick so early January would be my best guess for now. Holiday's can play a bit of havoc with the norms though. I'll post it as soon as I can if someone doesn't do it before. By mid November the latter 3 would be eligible so if you happened to have 2 (or better 3) other older items you wanted -- make that the enrollment package and use the MMM and MT you 2 Full Priced items and you could complete your requirement nearly immediately

And for anyone considering an enrollment, I beg you to look at the Main DMC thread on HTF or the massive thread blu-ray.com (esp the 1st 2 posts with the FAQ) to get the premium promo codes and details or ask lots of question ahead of time. i'm quite happy to provide as much information as I can. The default offer can be twice as expensive in the end than using the best codes.

Last edited:

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
I did post in the Exclusives thread though I didn;t start a specific thread since it's not on their online page yet and no real details are available, but the CSR starting offering preorders if people called them for some reason a couple weeks ago.
Linking to individual HTF posts is tricky - the link you posted didn't go there. Apparently you have to use the "share this post" button to get a sure-fire link, which I hope this is:

Justin Ray

Second Unit
Real Name
Justin Ray
saw this bit of information while looking around today, now that almost completes the "Uncle Walt Era" of films, i know some of us on here who love animation was hoping for this

respectively these are showing runtimes of 74 min and 72 min, so my assumption is that these are "uncut"?
I hesitate writing this, as I don't want to be seen as "that guy" in this forum. Looks as though both of these films had an original running time of 75 minutes, so I'm not sure if we'll receive the uncut versions, which would be damn disappointing, but not entirely surprising.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Linking to individual HTF posts is tricky - the link you posted didn't go there. Apparently you have to use the "share this post" button to get a sure-fire link, which I hope this is:

Very strange -- the post number in my original link was fine, but the page number was incorrect I suspect b/c I have my default Page view set much higher. I tried the share post and got the same link, so I just copy/pasted yours which seemed to work.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I hesitate writing this, as I don't want to be seen as "that guy" in this forum. Looks as though both of these films had an original running time of 75 minutes, so I'm not sure if we'll receive the uncut versions, which would be damn disappointing, but not entirely surprising.
When you look at 72 and 74 minutes, those look like differences resulting from logo replacement; alternatively, the standard running time of a Disney animated feature during this period was 75 minutes, so we don't know if that's accurate. I have the VHS of Make Mine Music in the Gold Classic Collection, which shows a runtime of 66 minutes, because The Martins and the Coys segment was deleted; there was some digital futzing of the title card at the beginning of the film for the segment, as well as removal of some imagery perceived as sexualised. Melody Time's edits were "digital erasure" of cigarettes from the Pecos Bill segment and thus should not impact the running time.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Very good news!

I joined DMC for the first time like 4 months ago and quickly "paid off my debt" to them.

"Quit" and rejoined a few weeks ago. Have yet to commit to any of the titles I "owe" them - sounds like this will be a good one to put toward my obligation!

And I'll be exceedingly happy if we get uncut versions. I was so pleased to see the uncut "Amigos" on BD - I didn't know it was uncut until I watched it!

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I was a member of the clubs years ago; I wonder If can reenroll without the introductory stuff?

Jumping back in as a Full member -- I'm going to guess not, but I don't think I've heard of anyone reactivating an old acct.

OTOH -- skipping the 5-7 really cheap upfront titles seems almost self defeating

Using the premium Canadian Intro Code -- 6 items for $13 and 2 full priced items (19.95+ea and shipping) adn whatever your GST/HST is.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
When you look at 72 and 74 minutes, those look like differences resulting from logo replacement; alternatively, the standard running time of a Disney animated feature during this period was 75 minutes, so we don't know if that's accurate. I have the VHS of Make Mine Music in the Gold Classic Collection, which shows a runtime of 66 minutes, because The Martins and the Coys segment was deleted; there was some digital futzing of the title card at the beginning of the film for the segment, as well as removal of some imagery perceived as sexualised. Melody Time's edits were "digital erasure" of cigarettes from the Pecos Bill segment and thus should not impact the running time.
Stephen:

On the Melody Time, DVD, they did digitally erase Pecos Bill's cigarettes but they also excised a substantially chunk of the tornado scene which presumably would impact the run time.

I really hope both titles are released uncut on Blu-ray, but it's Disney so....

Sean

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
Stephen:

On the Melody Time, DVD, they did digitally erase Pecos Bill's cigarettes but they also excised a substantially chunk of the tornado scene which presumably would impact the run time.

I really hope both titles are released uncut on Blu-ray, but it's Disney so....

Sean

On Disney Plus, Melody Time has the cigarette butts restored so I would imagine the Blu-ray would be uncut. Make Mine Music, on the other hand, remains a big question mark (further compounded by its absence from Disney Plus).

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
I taped Melody Time off the Disney Channel in January 1998 in SuperBeta 2, now burned to DVD-R and it runs 1:15:21. (By comparison, my 2014 Disney Region 2 PAL DVD runs 1:12:21, reflecting the "PAL speedup" from being transferred at 25 fps).

Make Mine Music is a different matter. I never taped the full feature off Disney Channel, but did record some individual segments that were shown standalone. I also have Peter and the Wolf and The Whale Who Wanted to Sing at the Met on the Prince and the Pauper laserdisc. Here's where it gets interesting: I also have the 2014 Disney Region 2 PAL DVD, but it does not run fast. The timings for all the segments I have from NTSC sources is the same as they are on the PAL DVD, whose total running time is 1:15:02.

(In all cases the running times I measures do not include any DVD or Disney Channel additions to opening or closing, like additional logo segments; I compared just the matching bodies of the original films or segments.)

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Thanks to rdodolak. I guess no real surprise on the covers, but still nice to see them

Vb3HiEB.jpg
eL7kWiz.jpg

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Jumping back in as a Full member -- I'm going to guess not, but I don't think I've heard of anyone reactivating an old acct.

OTOH -- skipping the 5-7 really cheap upfront titles seems almost self defeating

I guess someone who only wants these 2 titles might not want to deal with the commitment to buy 3 at full price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks