What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Disney+ Disney+ Streaming Service (Official Thread) (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
But to get deeper into my question - why buy at all? If the service you have already paid $141 for has the movie you want, what are you gaining buy purchasing a copy?

A physical copy on my shelf that may have more features, better video or audio that no one can tamper with or take away from me. I am, by my nature, a collector. I collect physical things...I don't collect Pokemon virtual characters or digital trading cards, for instance.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
But to get deeper into my question - why buy at all? If the service you have already spent $141 on has the movie you want, what are you gaining buy purchasing a 2nd copy?
Having Disney+ will help me limit my physical disc purchases for films with less re-watch value to me. Also, some limiting of my blind buys like Mary Poppins Returns. I'm not a fan of the original Mary Poppins so I doubt I'll love this new film, but I want to see it to make sure and having Disney+ allows me to do so without spending a bunch of money. The same with those discs that DMC has been releasing as I really don't want to join DMC again. I just don't want to bother with that monthly exercise.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I intend on subscribing to Disney+ at some point on or near launch.

In terms of future purchases, I will continue to purchase 3D discs since those versions are not available via streaming. But I suspect my purchases of 2D-only content will wane. Certainly I won’t be making blind buys of physical media copies of 2D content that’s on the service.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I intend on subscribing to Disney+ at some point on or near launch.

In terms of future purchases, I will continue to purchase 3D discs since those versions are not available via streaming. But I suspect my purchases of 2D-only content will wane. Certainly I won’t be making blind buys of physical media copies of 2D content that’s on the service.
Speaking of 3-D, my 3-D challenge of watching one 3-D movie per week until the end of the year starts next week.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I'm already prepared for 5 years of HTF people bitching about the death of physical media. You think the 3D whiners are bad? The never streamers are gonna be way worse.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I'm already prepared for 5 years of HTF people bitching about the death of physical media. You think the 3D whiners are bad? The never streamers are gonna be way worse.

When you see how many people can't get the disc they bought from Amazon delivered to them a full month after its release date, it starts to make streaming look much more appealing.

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I don't know if I've just made a huge mistake...but I got in on the $140 Disney+ 3-year deal.

This will be my first foray into "mainstream streaming." The only other real streaming I've done is MLB.

I've got an AppleTV4k (which works GREAT on the MLB streams). My display is still only 1080p (Panny plasma). And, I have nearly every Disney/Pixar film that's ever been released on Blu-ray and/or DVD.

But...the deal seems good. And I've got two young granddaughters (just about to turn ages 3 & 5).

I have put off the move towards streaming long enough and figure this was a good way to ease into it. I dunno.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I don't know if I've just made a huge mistake...but I got in on the $140 Disney+ 3-year deal.

This will be my first foray into "mainstream streaming." The only other real streaming I've done is MLB.

I've got an AppleTV4k (which works GREAT on the MLB streams). My display is still only 1080p (Panny plasma). And, I have nearly every Disney/Pixar film that's ever been released on Blu-ray and/or DVD.

But...the deal seems good. And I've got two young granddaughters (just about to turn ages 3 & 5).

I have put off the move towards streaming long enough and figure this was a good way to ease into it. I dunno.
Your granddaughters should love Disney+. I think it's a wise choice considering you're only paying like $3.89 a month for the next 36 months beginning on November 12th.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Everything slowed down and synced up today, allowing me to sign up to the 3 yr D+ special.
D4D617AF-5E66-4932-85B6-6345FAF8CC3E.png

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Signed up for a D23 membership yesterday. How long till I get my email offer?
You should get it Monday or Tuesday, but you cut it close as August 31st was the last day I think for that offer.

Edit: The last day is September 2nd.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks